Utter rubbish
No votes

Total votes: 4
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

S32E1 The Impossible Astronaut

Post by colmquinn »

So any of you get to watch the start of the new series of DW yet?
First ep is called the "Impossible Astronaut" which has a few nice things about it imho, though some things I thought were a bit off (mainly the bit with the Doctor interfering with his past self though I can live with the limited way it was done).

I did like the new bad guys, the Silent. Their defense mechanism of making you forget them once you look away was pretty well done. No idea how its works but quantum is always good for me in these situations. Though if Amy can take a picture on her phone whats to stop any surveillance system capturing them?
Also the control room or whatever it was that River & Rory found reminded me of the "cloaked" ship upstairs in the lodger episode so looks like Moffet could've been linking things up between the series. Hell they could've been littered throughout the whole last series and the scooby gang just forgot they saw em & we just put it down to bad acting :)

It all depends on how the next episode or indeed episodes play out to determine how good this story plays out. (Remember the Pandorica Opens in the previous series started great but the story ended up total rubbish)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Docotr Who Series 6 (Spoilers)

Post by Mikey »

I rather liked how the Doctor's interference with his past self was limited/mitigated by everyone's agreement to avoid the topic and by the (failed) attempt to kep Amy from acting to prevent the later supposed traumatic event. I also appreciated Moffatt's avoidance of wrapping up too many threads before leading into the next ep.
Though I think we can safely say that "Jefferson" is probably Amy's child?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer