B2 OOC

Moderator: Lt. Staplic

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: B2 OOC

Post by Deepcrush »

Sorry, been getting ready for the hurricane that is about to hit.

Though looking at the new economic system and all the nose dives you keep laying on me with my growth... I can't even get the new fields to 2% without tanking what little economy you've left me with.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sorry about that boss, been busy prepping for the Storm of the Century. It's in now.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I guess there is some upside of state ownership...

Silly question, is it possible for (example) the Romulans to have met someone and I remain unaware of that person's in game existence?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

stitch626 wrote:I guess there is some upside of state ownership...

Silly question, is it possible for (example) the Romulans to have met someone and I remain unaware of that person's in game existence?
yes.

It's even possible that someone else has observed you without you observing them. Under special circumstances.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

In light of the Hurricane, obviously no one should be focusing on getting me their sheets in front of getting themselves prepared and staying safe. Please get me your sheet when you can (or a message to let me know your not going to be able to get to it). Once I get all, or at least most, of the sheets I'll start turning them over.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Deepcrush wrote:Though looking at the new economic system and all the nose dives you keep laying on me with my growth... I can't even get the new fields to 2% without tanking what little economy you've left me with.
That has nothing to do with how good/bad your GDP is. since it works as a function of GDP and there are 7 fields, if you try and set all of them to 2% that's 14% of your GDP your trying to pay out, which is a significant chunk of your tax revenues, especially if your also running an R&D project, etc.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Have home internet back so I'm working on my turn reply right now.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I still Need turns from:
Deep
Reliant
Tsuki

I know some of you are still recovering from the Hurricane, so no rush, just wanted to get the list out there and remind people.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'll have it on your desk by morning. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

How we doing?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

we are waiting on Deep to send in his sheet. and then we'll see where we are in the week. I know that at the latest I'll be able to do sheets on Sunday, hopefully I'll get sheets in while I have time before then.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sorry guys, things here just kinda hit the fan with everything going on. My stuff is in CJ's inbox.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I got all of the sheets turned over yesterday before I had to go into work. I have tonight off so after class I'll start working on them. I've still got a few things to run before I write SITREPS and a few bugs to fix in the new set-up.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Everyone please make your way to this thread and place your vote.

This will not go into affect this turn, perhaps not even next turn. The poll closes (or should close) just after turns are due next week.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Turns are back out. They will be due 5:00 PM CST on Saturday 11/17/2012.

The Updates that I made:
- Education and Medical were misspelled on the Economics Page
- The Total Expenses was subtracting back out the Education and Scientific Research fields that is now fixed.
- I reduced torpedo research to 5 years per full round per second increase
- Removed the individual Sensor R&D section and added that into Component R&D, you'll also see that Sensor Range is now tracked individually for all ships, and the value of your sensors has been placed on the star ship designer. The value is quoted is the Long Range Sensors.

I'm planning on making updates next time to make mining operations less efficient with lower work rates. It won't be a huge change, but it's a necessairy one for the point when markets start to integrate.