B2 OOC

Moderator: Lt. Staplic

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: B2 OOC

Post by Lt. Staplic »

So here's where we're at. There are only four of you that are active at all since Deep quit, Reliant has been a rare sheet for a while before that even. Of the four of you only two of you are able to interact with another player, and that isn't likely to change any time soon. In addition to that I'm finding it harder and harder to get time to work on sheets and spend the time on them I should to ensure a good game play experience, and when I do I'm constantly confronted with fixes that need to be made to correct for scaling issues between what we needed them to be at the start and what we want them to be at the end. So, I'm going to lay this one down and let it die.

One thing I do plan on doing, is creating some comparative charts, tracking max warp speed, average SCR of the fleet, GDP, etc for all of the powers as the SIM progressed, so I will still do that so everyone can see where they stood as things progressed. I will also publish the full map so everyone can see where they were.

I'm sorry for those of you that have been having a good time with it, but ultimately I feel like this is the only way to go.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Bad times. To be entirely honest, I had expected this was coming soon, unfortunately.

It's been fun though, and it'll be great to see the comparative charts and final map.

Thanks for making the effort to keep it going as long as you have.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

It was fun, thats for sure. Thank you for dealing with us. :)

One thing I'm most interested in is the difference in power between the serperated groups (since I had no contact whatsoever with the guys on the other side of Starfleet). I'm also wondering how well I could curbstop or be curbstomped.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

alright, I just emailed everyone a link that should let them access a google spreadsheet that shows the progression of GDP, Population, Per Capita Income, Number of Worlds, Number of Ships, Total SCR of the fleet if fully deployed, Beam emitter power, ROF, Warp and Sensors.

Note, in the warp scale you'll see a few powers make a drop in warp power, this is because I rescaled warp factors in terms of TNG scale, for most of you it wasn't really noticable since at the time your warp level was pretty low.

The other noticible thing is on total SCR around turn 11 the deployed SCR drops for most people this was again a rescaling of the formula so each ship's SCR changed and got lower.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Also some interesting goings on in the SIM:

The Klingons were currently facing what was shaping up to be a revolution of ideas that may have gone so far as to restructure the Empire. A single war hero who advocated the pursuit of honor in peace, rather than glory in war. This started as a series of exploration rolls defined as Emergence of a Cultural Icon.

The Breen and Cardassians were in a delicate state of diplomacy, both leaders it seemed were determined to build a peace, however poor contact had lead to distrust in both states ruling oligarchial councils. At the end of the SIM the cardassians were gearing up for a war due to what they percieved as an unprovoked attack followed by a diplomatic insult by the Thot claiming to have no knowledge of the attack. In reality he didn't the attack was undertaken by military leaders on the council eager to provoke a war.

Things were about to be compounded by a planet discovery. Both states discovered the planet the cardassians lost contact with their ship after the discovery and the Breen were moving to colonize it the next year. The image to the Cardassians then would have appeared that the Breen destroyed their vessel to control the planet. In reality the ship was lost due to a random exploration event like a spacial anomaly.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Also, I accidentally killed a civilization. Whoops. :oops:

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I don't know how the stats finished out for the different coalition members but for when I quit and the Coalition was whole it was as follows.

GDP just under 37m, 878 ships with my top cruiser at 820 SCR, total fleet SCR of 106,726 (modified since is was prior around 1m SCR), avg per capita 3745.

Though since I just came out of the recession those numbers would have risen sharply had I have stayed in the sim.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Interestingly, after my reformation, I was planning on joining forces with the Coalition (before Deep departed), which would have lead to the two strongest powers working together.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well damn boy you should have said something. It would have helped keep the sim a little more fun. :poke:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah... hinds sight and all that.

Also, curious, did anyone else have a Carrier designed?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I did, along with a long range explorer, heavy torp cruiser and an anti-small craft destroyer.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

No one really used the carrier though, there were two or three people IIRC who designed a ship they designated a carrier, but then never designed fighters to go along with it.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I had considered designing a carrier (I had several saved ideas on my old (now-dead) laptop for several warships. I kept the designs that I didn't use. But I decided against an active carrier design for the time being.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I was trying to save up for fighters.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Cool, I had a new carrier and fighter to go along with it. Was going to use them in cheap swarms soon, as I was planning to take on either Starfleet, or the Alliance (with the help of the other or the Romulans, though I couild probably manage on my own).

Also was anyone else slowly running out of Dilithium as they got more powerful ships. I had a boatload of antimatter, but my dilithium was just hanging on.