Post by Deepcrush »

So who is playing who again?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: B2 OOC

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

His Excellency squeel-pop-squeel-click-click-click, Respected Comrade and Dear Leader of all Tholians, Conqueror of the T'Kon Empire and Last King of Pakled Prime.

Well that is the short version at least.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

HAHAHAHAHA, my character is simply known as "The Chairman". I should think up a nice phrase for him as my sig.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Avenger: sorry, thought that was a sheet. I've sent you an answer let me know if you need anything else.

UFP - Deepcrush

KE - Stitch
RSE - Reliant

CU - Sonic
Breen - Tinadrin

Ferangi - Tsuki

Tholians - Avenger

Also something to note for everyone. I've seen a couple people that have asked me about tax rates and other things to do with their empire. For the most part you are free to do with them what you want. There are a few exceptions for all government types, generally big, dramatic things in the game, the things that do need consultation on gets larger the more democratic the government gets as well. However, I'm going to try really hard not to tell you how to run your empire.

Tax rates are one thing that I can tell you right now no one will ever have to ask my permission over. I put in several safeguards that will create diminishing returns on the tax rate as you increase it above the ideal for your empire and a cut off point where you simply can't increase it any further. Things like economic and population growth are both linked to tax rates; as is the internal security expense and the number of diplomatic points required each year.

Please feel free to keep emailing/PM'ing me about questions you want or need me to look at and I will answer them for you, but this should help a few of you I hope.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Speaking of questions in email boss,,, :poke:
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

replied
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

In.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I just finished year 3. With luck I'll finish these sheets up tonight and can work on SitRep's tomorrow night
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Alright Stuff is back out.

Along with this I created updated maps. These maps will have white circles on them. These circles represent what your state can see. I calculated a radius of exploration (how far one ship could go in one turn - based on endurance) and added to that your Sensor Range. everything within these circles is visible and known; However it is possible for there to be things within the circles you don't know about; i.e. planets capable of colonization. Don't freak out about this too much, nothing is waiting for you in this....yet.

Everything outside of these circles is all inferred based on astronomical observation (like how we know our position in the Galaxy today). For many of you you can see the only reason you have colony worlds is because of massive colony transports that carried your ancestors out.....for every colony you have like this, you can assume 8 ships were simply lost to space without ever finding a planet, now that all races have warp, this form of exploration is no longer a viable option (in case anyone decides they want to try that again).

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with turns, please don't hesitate to ask. Sheets will be due again at 5:00PM CDT on Saturday 9 June.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

To clairify a question I was asked:

The dots on the map representing systems are not just the planets. These dots are very large and encompass a couple light years. As an idea the Sol dot on the map composes the entire system well beyond the Ort Cloud.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

So, dots on the map aren't just background color?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

sorry, should clarify, system dots aren't just the planets, system dots being the large ones with names/numbers.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Just a reminder for everyone. Turns are due today at roughly 5 PM CDT (roughly 2 hours from now) don't worry about getting it in a little late, If possible I would like to have them all by 9-10 PM CDT (roughly 6-7 hours from now).

Don't forget this will be a five year turn as well.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sorry dude; I was called back in to work today, and never got a chance to finalize it. I'll have it to you shortly.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'm still waiting on a lot of peoples turns. don't worry about it being late, just get it to me ASAP. the sooner I get them the sooner I can start turning them over.

Also a note to all players, especially the new ones that weren't part of Alpha or Beta 1.0,

Make sure you know what the sheet is telling you before you send in your turn. We had a lot of debt build up over the last 5 year turns for a lot of players, I assumed that for each of you you were aware that this would occur and therefore did not consider it a major event that needed to be verified with the player, and will continue to have this attitude toward things that are presented on the sheet.

If you aren't sure what the sheet is telling you, Its much easier to answer a question before hand than to try and fix five years worth of updates afterwords.