B2 OOC

Moderator: Lt. Staplic

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: B2 OOC

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I had a massive stockpile of antimatter (over a million IIRC) and a ton of dilithium, but I was completely out of ore.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I hit about 5m at some point and my markets crashed.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

To keep players from stockpiling a huge amount of resources that would then crash the market for it later on when everyone was interconnected I would create micro crashes if your stockpile exceeded something around 10x your annual usage. Eventually I found a different method of doing this. You may have noticed that the cost to produce your resources changed, I added two extra terms to the equation, first, rather than letting the cost vary proportionally to the work rate it varied according to the square root of the work rate, meaning that the lower that percentage the less efficient your operation was in production per credit spent. I also added a term that would increase the cost by some percentage (I want to say 7%) for every years worth of usage you had stockpiled, thus if you were almost out of resources then you could produce them for less than normal and if you had a lot it would be very expensive to keep producing them in large quantities.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It was a good effort,
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Also, I accidentally killed a civilization. Whoops. :oops:

:lol:
How'd you manage that?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, I secretly started negotiations with one faction on a primitive nuclear armed world. Only, they weren't secret enough, apparently, so when word got out, all the nations started lobbing nukes at each other, and killed the majority of the population...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939