Alpha Star Trek Sim discussion

Moderator: BigJKU316

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Alpha Star Trek Sim discussion

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I figued a thread where we could openly discuss politics/economics was needed.

as the Federation, I would be glad to help support any up-in-coming democracy with a small loan. I will also provide aid to any other power that needs it with a slightly higher interest rate.
Last edited by Lt. Staplic on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek Sim discussion

Post by Nickswitz »

I figure I'll jump in, as the most powerful commercial species in the Galaxy, I would be glad to loan money at a small interest rate for reimbursement as well as for you to not attack me. :D
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Klingon Empire has more important concerns then the problems of others.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The Breen Confederacy also has little interest in outside affairs.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I might take one of you up on that... I'll listen to terms.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Pm me how much you need and we can negotiate if I have it
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Just give me a number, and I'll give a very reasonable interest rate, say, 2%, as your dying on your own, and since, you have almost no power to attack, nor as I am sure, the want to attack me.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

2% sounds attractive... are you listening, Staplic?

I'll get PM's out today or tomorrow.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The recent chaos in my government has made communication difficult (ie, I can't check DITL as much as I'd like :mrgreen: ). Therefore, my responses may be delayed. As of yet, I do not require financial compensation. That may change shortly.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

okay, Who all has cloaking technology?

I know the Klingon's do and the Romulan's do....can't remember about the Tholians/Ferangi/Breen....Cardassian's I know don't

Also, I think I may know someone who may be interested in playing as the Tholians....he's in my government class, so he's supposidly joining the forum this week and should be dropping in.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Only the Klingons and Romulans have cloaks. No one else has them. The Cardassians have tried and failed and the UFP is bound by Treaty not to use them.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

okay, that's what I thought....
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Deepcrush wrote:Only the Klingons and Romulans have cloaks. No one else has them. The Cardassians have tried and failed and the UFP is bound by Treaty not to use them.
For the record, "bound by treaty not to use them" does not necessarily mean they don't have or use them. I'm sure there are several Admirals and defense personnel who would advocate them. And we know Starfleet has experimented with them clandestinely (The Pegasus).

Also, I realize I'm late in the game but anybody know if there will be any other openings? I'm kinda interested in giving this a try.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by BigJKU316 »

Well it sounds like we had someone for the Tholians coming. So that would leave the Gorn.

I have no problem including both, I just need to get some player views on where exactly those two powers rank against one another and against the powers that be.

What I know is basically this.

The Gorn and Feds had it out once, a long time ago. Since then we have heard nothing of substance.

The Tholians and Feds had it out several times. They are powerful enough that the Federation is somewhat concerned about them in the TNG era.

If anyone has any ideas about their relative strength in the world I am all ears. My inclination would be that both about at the level to which the Cardassians have fallen post war, possibly a bit above. They were not a real threat prior to Starfleet and the Klingons losing like 60% of their ships, but might be now. The Tholians would have a bunch of smallish, weak ship along the lines of the Breen but with the Web thing instead of the energy dampener. The Gorn would have bigger, stronger ships more like the Sona did but not a whole lot of them. But that is all just throwing darts.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sonic Glitch wrote:For the record, "bound by treaty not to use them" does not necessarily mean they don't have or use them. I'm sure there are several Admirals and defense personnel who would advocate them. And we know Starfleet has experimented with them clandestinely (The Pegasus).
Which is why I included the "Bound by treaty". Since the first Defiant had a cloak and the Pegasus was testing a phase cloak. Its pretty well known that the UFP has used cloaks in the past.
Sonic Glitch wrote:Also, I realize I'm late in the game but anybody know if there will be any other openings? I'm kinda interested in giving this a try.
The Gorn are still open.