Alpha Sim Ship Gallery

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Alpha Sim Ship Gallery

Post by Lighthawk »

For those of us so inclined, this thread is for putting a face to those numbers that represent our ships.

1st draft for the Cardassian military's new capitol ship. I tried to take out the blockiness and emphasis the curves of Cardassian designs.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Alpha Sim Ship Gallery

Post by stitch626 »

Nice idea. Nice ship too, though looks a little too biological for Cardies... IMO of course.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Think so? I always thought the Cardassian ships looked like limbless crustaceans myself. Stick some legs and pincers on a Galor and it'd look like some kind of robotic lobster.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Prettied it up some. I'm not happy with the bridge design, but I can't find a look for it I really like. Might just go the sensible route and say the new Cardassian military vessels bury their bridges in the belly of the ship, rather than sitting them on top like a target.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Much nicer. Nice sense of size and... scariness.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I do like this :) And they always reminded me of some kind of lobster of something. But the Galor was one of my favourite ships.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Thanks.

I like the Galor too, except for the tail end. Those flanges just don't look like they should be able to stay on if the ship pulls any maneuver more forceful than a slow turn.

Now to see if I can figure out the side view for this thing.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Ah, I look forward to seeing the side view. I wish I could draw, I used to when I was younger, had pictures of starships everywhere (not brilliant ones), then I think I got more into the writing and stuff.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm shocking at drawing stuff. Thats why I tend to steal stuff from EVE or other franchises.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Reliant121 wrote:I'm shocking at drawing stuff. Thats why I tend to steal stuff from EVE or other franchises.
I have resorted to this of late, but I use it for my own personal sci-fi verse, which I keep to myself. But I've done a lot of work outside of that within the "Universe", only the ships and art work I tend to nick, I'm better with writing and numbers, etc.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Being the Turian's I am fortunate to have some genuine ship designs to draw from, even if I have had to steal from elsewhere for a few ships.

Here, the model for the Turian Predator and Predator II classes.

The Model I have used for the Supremacy class, credit due to the makers of EVE (CCP).

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

A small Romulan ship detected near the borders.

A medium sized Romulan ship detected near the borders.

A large Romulan ship detected near the borders.

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

I'm sensing a pattern here. Nice ships, getting far away from the hollow center design of the DD I see.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yesh, these are all much more in the vein of the Norexan style than the DD. Only they aren't as bird-like as the Norexans. They're thicker, bulkier, more compact than the Norexans. The mid sized one does have some similarities to the DD as it has the bi-plane arrangement pylons for the nacelles.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

These are the ships I described in the "year with the Ragnar Imperial Navy" article

Uforferdet Class:

Riket Class:

Haki class:

Trassig Class:

Suveren Class:

Patrol Ship Compairison:

Defense Ships Compairison:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.