Alpha Sim Ship Gallery

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Alpha Sim Ship Gallery

Post by Lighthawk »

Virnal class torpedo cruiser

Size comparison with the Tricoltair class

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

New patrol ship. While the Tricoltair and Virnal are evolutions of the Galor/Keldon, the Kihide is the big brother to the Hideki.

New size chart

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Actually went through and started applying math to my numbers and found them to be...problematic and inconsistent. So I did some calculating and fiddling, and because I'm sure you're all so interested in the new numbers...

Okay, so the only image that actually changed in any meaningful way, the size chart.

Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Me likey :) Especially the Tricoltair and Kihide, but all very good stuff :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Looks good, and the numbers are good to help us with a sence of scale.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Indeed. That's why I bothered to calculate all of mine.

Which reminds me... Since you all know a bit about them anyways...

Pulsar-class EWC sensor platform
This vessel carries state-of-the-art sensors and countermeasures, increasing situational awareness and enhancing a fleet's capability to identify and respond to various crises with greater efficiency.
Length: 180m
Beam: 220m
Height: 87m
Decks: 15
Mass: 500,000 metric tons
Crew: 382

Tellar-class Heavy Frigate
The Tellar-class Heavy Frigate is designed as a counterpart to the Andor-class Destroyer currently in production. With the latest warp drives and impulse technology, the Tellar class is built to be long-ranged, and not to be as dependent on resupply as it operates far from its base.
Length : 243 m
Beam : 109 m
Height : 54 m
Decks : 7
Mass : 500,000 metric tons
Crew : 146

Andor-class Destroyer
The Defiant class, while groundbreaking, had numerous flaws which were never able to be corrected fully. The Andor class takes the lessons learned from the Defiant to create a more defense-oriented ship capable of meeting threats such as the Borg with confidence.
Length : 160 m
Beam : 145.5 m
Height : 32 m
Decks : 5
Mass : 300,000 metric tons
Crew : 72

Vulcan-class Heavy Cruiser
The Vulcan-class Heavy Cruiser is an updated version of a design first proposed during the Dominion War. At the time, the development of the necessary technology, and expense of design and production of the ship was considered unfeasible. With the inclusion of modern engine, shield and weapon technology, the vessel can now be realized for a fraction of the cost.
Length : 512 m
Beam : 238 m
Height : 58 m
Decks : 12
Mass : 2,500,000 metric tons
Crew : 672

Centauri-class
The Centauri-class Tender is the first ship of its kind in Starfleet. Its modular internal design allows for quick reconfiguration to suit a variety of roles, from massive transport for tens of thousands of refugees or evacuees, to a mobile surgical hospital with thousands of beds, to its primary role: resupply and repair. This class should allow much greater range for exploration fleets and long-range patrols.
Length : 712 m
Beam : 368 m
Height : 328 m
Decks : 60
Mass : 8,000,000 metric tons
Crew : 600

Credit for all images goes to the excellent modellers at Bridge Commander Files.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939