Need Help Creating A SM Chapter

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Need Help Creating A SM Chapter

Post by Aaron »

Indeed, the Terminators and armour will be concentrated there. I'll have a logistics/training company permanently assigned to the Chapters Fortress Monastery, the First Company will get the Battle Barge.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:Based on the Scars' philosophy and this chapter's stated one, I'd mix in a helathy dose of land Speeders of different varieties as well.
I'm iffy on Landspeeders. I want to the Chapter to be able to function in all environments and I'm not sure if they work on low g worlds or not. They would make a great addition for the Scouts or a dedicated evac vehicle if there is a cargo variant though.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Indeed, the Terminators and armour will be concentrated there. I'll have a logistics/training company permanently assigned to the Chapters Fortress Monastery, the First Company will get the Battle Barge.
Twenty Thunderhawks, carry twenty Land Raider Crusaders, each carrying five Terminator Marines.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Mikey wrote:Based on the Scars' philosophy and this chapter's stated one, I'd mix in a helathy dose of land Speeders of different varieties as well.
I'm iffy on Landspeeders. I want to the Chapter to be able to function in all environments and I'm not sure if they work on low g worlds or not. They would make a great addition for the Scouts or a dedicated evac vehicle if there is a cargo variant though.
Land Speeder Storm. Heavy bolter, heavy flamer, multi-melta, or assault cannon... plus 5 passengers.

...and, incredibly, it's GW, not Forge World.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

As too your fleet make up. If you're a mobile SAR chapter. A fleet built of Strike Cruisers with a single Battle Barge would work well. One Strike Cruiser per Demi Company plus the Battle Barge for your 1st Company / HQ.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:
Land Speeder Storm. Heavy bolter, heavy flamer, multi-melta, or assault cannon... plus 5 passengers.

...and, incredibly, it's GW, not Forge World.
I've been toying with the idea of cutting down the back of a Rhino to make a kind of SM M548.

On another note, thank the GEoM I decided on SM's. Forgeworld's prices for IG vehicles are insane. It would take me about a decade to afford to finish a Death Korps of Krieg or Steel Legion army. 80$+ for a Centuar, fuck off! :roll:
As too your fleet make up. If you're a mobile SAR chapter. A fleet built of Strike Cruisers with a single Battle Barge would work well. One Strike Cruiser per Demi Company plus the Battle Barge for your 1st Company / HQ.
As attractive as Strike Cruisers are, I think I'm going to go with Gladius frigates for the Demi-Companies, or the Strike Cruisers will be drastically modified with the extra troop space replaced with more maintenance and medical facilities.