Aboriginal Australians Are Humanity’s Oldest Civilization

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Aboriginal Australians Are Humanity’s Oldest Civilization

Post by Nutso »

http://gizmodo.com/aboriginal-australia ... 1786940046
New research shows that all present-day non-Africans can trace their origins to a single wave of migrants who left Africa 72,000 years ago, and that indigenous Australians and Papuans are descended directly from the first people to inhabit the continent some 50,000 years ago. That makes them world’s longest running civilization.

A genetic and cultural analysis of 83 Aboriginal Australians and 25 Papuans from New Guinea paints a compelling picture of how and when early humans first spread themselves around the globe. The new paper, published in Nature, suggests there was just one wave of humans out of Africa, and these these early migrants gave rise to all contemporary non-Africans, including Australians.

“Our results suggest that, rather than having left in a separate wave, most of the genomes of Papuans and Aboriginal Australians can be traced back to a single ‘Out of Africa’ event which led to modern worldwide populations,” noted Manjinder Sandhu, a senior author from the Sanger Institute and University of Cambridge, in a statement. “There may have been other migrations, but the evidence so far points to one exit event.”

Genetic tracing suggests this initial migratory pulse out of Africa happened around 72,000 years ago. The ancestors of indigenous Australians and Papuans split from this pioneering group around 58,000 years ago as they continued to make their eastward journey. (By comparison, European and Asian ancestral groups diverged around 42,000 years ago.) Around 8,000 years later, they reached “Sahul”—a prehistoric supercontinent that connected Australia, New Guinea, and Tasmania. Rising seas cut them off from the rest of the world about 10,000 years ago, and they’ve been there ever since.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Aboriginal Australians Are Humanity’s Oldest Civilizatio

Post by Mikey »

better dust off my didgeridoo.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Is yours an authentic? My wife has one and its surprisingly hard to play right.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Phrasing!

BTW I don't really own a didgeridoo.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer