I am not attending church anymore

sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Re: I am not attending church anymore

Post by sunnyside »

Wait, so are you saying your dad is an atheist but wants you to go to church anyway?

I mean I've known a number of Jews who did that, because of community and networking and whatnot. But thta seems odd for Christians in our current culture. Are you in a really small town where you'd risk getting blacklisted for jobs or something?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: I am not attending church anymore

Post by McAvoy »

sunnyside wrote:Wait, so are you saying your dad is an atheist but wants you to go to church anyway?

I mean I've known a number of Jews who did that, because of community and networking and whatnot. But thta seems odd for Christians in our current culture. Are you in a really small town where you'd risk getting blacklisted for jobs or something?
Atheist, no. He leans more on the Atheistic scale than the theistic scale for sure. But I think he wants to believe even though he doubts it.

The point of the this was unclear from the very beginning and sounded like I was just whining.

What I was unclear about is the idea that you should go to Church even though your family are not truly believers.

Watching them take my niece and nephew (the father is the most religious out of us all) because church is good them. I do not doubt taking the kids to Church to meet other children and learn from them isn't a bad thing. In fact I find that to be a great idea. A side from school and day care, they don't 'meet and greet' with other kids.

Personally and I think this is key to why people still go to Church even though perhaps they don't believe in the Biblical God is that they go to Church as a community.

There really isn't a substitute like church for a community.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"