Religion in general

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Religion in general

Post by McAvoy »

There is an interesting thing I would like to talk about in the future about Islam. Let's just say Islam isn't a religion of peace like it's said here when they are a minority.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Islam and Mohamad during his life, were some of the most sucessful armies in world history and conquered land at an amazing rate. From the Midle East across Africa and to Spain in just over 100 years.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The Koran is basically split into two different parts. The older more peaceful one and the more warlike one. Problem is the newer passages override the older peaceful ones if they conflict with each other.

That and it is one book not a collection of books like the Bible is.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

I really dislike the way the Surahs are arranged in the Koran, I wish they were presented in a chronological order.

EDIT
Typo
Last edited by Tholian_Avenger on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

There is a video that is going viral about some dude while driving recording in five minutes destroying some Atheists arguments in three minutes.