Sinclairs past technological innovations

kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Sinclairs past technological innovations

Post by kostmayer »

For reasons known only to himself, Sir Clive Sinclair has decided to ressurect the Sinclair C5, which despite being a complete failure is still apparently the biggest selling electric vehicle ever made. However, whilst reading about it, I did find the following link to their webpage showing some of their past innovations, some of which are still pretty damn good looking to my eyes.

Sinclair Research Archive

We had a Sinclair ZX Spectrum at home, still have fond memories of the device.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sinclairs past technological innovations

Post by IanKennedy »

kostmayer wrote:For reasons known only to himself, Sir Clive Sinclair has decided to ressurect the Sinclair C5, which despite being a complete failure is still apparently the biggest selling electric vehicle ever made.
I find that almost impossible to believe given the large number of electric bikes you see on the roads these days. Unless you mean as a single brand, rather than a class of device.
email, ergo spam
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

"Best selling vehicle" is from the Sinclair site - I assumed it was referring to a single brand, measured only by total units sold about 17000 units. Although a quick google search throws up other vehicles claiming to be the best selling electric vehicle. The Reva, or the Peugot Electric.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ha, a friend of mine had a ZX-81 with a 1 kB memory expansion. No way to save programs; you wanted to play a game, you had to type the program in first, every time. And about half the time the thing would overheat and shut down before you finished. Good times.

Ian had a Sinclair QL at one point... those little microdrive cartridges were actually pretty cool, sort of audio tape storage but it behaved like a floppy disc drive. I loved that little thing.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...