Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tsukiyumi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Tyyr wrote:If you're tired you slow down and pay extra attention, not jam it in and go rooting around hoping to get lucky.


Thank you.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21698
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Captain Seafort » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Tsukiyumi wrote:When I worked at Domino's Pizza, we once made 150 pizzas in one hour. Not one of them was returned or complained about. Why? We gave a sh*t about our work. Is your reason valid? To a degree; even if you're tired and bored, you should have pride in your work, especially if your work involves people's health and sick people's comfort.


Hence line two of my comment. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I would find it slightly less worrying that the staff are simply bored and careless than truly incompetent.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.

Across the Universe - Chapter 2 now up
User avatar
Captain Seafort
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 14998
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tsukiyumi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Okay; how does that excuse incompetent practice of their field?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21698
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tyyr » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 pm

The people doing the sticking are rarely the highly trained or highly skilled people. Those are usually prioritized to areas where their talents are more useful. Most of the people I've been stuck by, outside of a blood bank, were usually the newbies.
User avatar
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 10654
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Jeri Ryan's Dressing Room, Shhhhh

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Captain Seafort » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Tsukiyumi wrote:Okay; how does that excuse incompetent practice of their field?


It doesn't, as you'd have realised if you read past line one of my original post.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.

Across the Universe - Chapter 2 now up
User avatar
Captain Seafort
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 14998
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tsukiyumi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Captain Seafort wrote:Bad, or simply getting careless and sloppy because of doing it a hundred times a day? The appearance would be the same.


You mean it would, in fact, be the same thing. Regardless of the excuse, incompetence is incompetence. I understand your point perfectly: if you took the best F1 driver in the world and had him run the same course for 18 straight hours, he'd begin to get rather sloppy. The difference is, I suspect that he'd slow down and be more careful deliberately.

Captain Seafort wrote:It's not my intention to excuse said carelessness, simply to suggest a reason.


If you're suggesting that the staff is overworked, I agree. We need more physicians, nurses, orderlies, etc. This doesn't change the outcome.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21698
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tsukiyumi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Tyyr wrote:The people doing the sticking are rarely the highly trained or highly skilled people. Those are usually prioritized to areas where their talents are more useful. Most of the people I've been stuck by, outside of a blood bank, were usually the newbies.


Well, how else will they get experience, right? :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21698
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tyyr » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Tsukiyumi wrote:Well, how else will they get experience, right? :?

I don't disagree with the practice, I just think those in charge should either take more time making sure the newbie knows what they're doing, or make themselves available before the newbie turns the inside of my elbow to hamburger.
User avatar
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 10654
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Jeri Ryan's Dressing Room, Shhhhh

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tsukiyumi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Again, exactly.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21698
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Captain Seafort » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Tsukiyumi wrote:You mean it would, in fact, be the same thing. Regardless of the excuse, incompetence is incompetence. I understand your point perfectly: if you took the best F1 driver in the world and had him run the same course for 18 straight hours, he'd begin to get rather sloppy. The difference is, I suspect that he'd slow down and be more careful deliberately.


I'd use the analogy of driving down a dead-straight road for hours on end, but your point is made.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.

Across the Universe - Chapter 2 now up
User avatar
Captain Seafort
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 14998
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Tyyr wrote:If you're tired you slow down and pay extra attention, not jam it in and go rooting around hoping to get lucky.



Do you have ANY idea how that sounds? :happydevil:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
User avatar
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 17671
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tyyr » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:58 pm

I know exactly how it sounded, clumsy and awkward just like teenage sex.
User avatar
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 10654
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Jeri Ryan's Dressing Room, Shhhhh

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Tsukiyumi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Captain Seafort wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:You mean it would, in fact, be the same thing. Regardless of the excuse, incompetence is incompetence. I understand your point perfectly: if you took the best F1 driver in the world and had him run the same course for 18 straight hours, he'd begin to get rather sloppy. The difference is, I suspect that he'd slow down and be more careful deliberately.


I'd use the analogy of driving down a dead-straight road for hours on end, but your point is made.


Thank you.

Tyyr wrote:I know exactly how it sounded, clumsy and awkward just like teenage sex.


In other words, awful.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21698
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Aaron » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Captain Seafort wrote:
Bad, or simply getting careless and sloppy because of doing it a hundred times a day? The appearance would be the same.

It's not my intention to excuse said carelessness, simply to suggest a reason.


Either one really, the result is the same.
User avatar
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 10988
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Timepire Mobile Command Centre

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Postby Reliant121 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 pm

I would say speak for yourself, But I can't really compare :P
"He was the best of us. They struck without provocation, there was no reason. Animals! Brutal! They deserve no mercy! Strike them down, follow them back to their base and kill all of them, all of them! No mercy!" - Delenn
User avatar
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 12076
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Science, Philosophy and Theology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest