Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Medical Help Vs. Religious Beliefs

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:If you're tired you slow down and pay extra attention, not jam it in and go rooting around hoping to get lucky.
Thank you.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tsukiyumi wrote:When I worked at Domino's Pizza, we once made 150 pizzas in one hour. Not one of them was returned or complained about. Why? We gave a sh*t about our work. Is your reason valid? To a degree; even if you're tired and bored, you should have pride in your work, especially if your work involves people's health and sick people's comfort.
Hence line two of my comment. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I would find it slightly less worrying that the staff are simply bored and careless than truly incompetent.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Okay; how does that excuse incompetent practice of their field?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The people doing the sticking are rarely the highly trained or highly skilled people. Those are usually prioritized to areas where their talents are more useful. Most of the people I've been stuck by, outside of a blood bank, were usually the newbies.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Tsukiyumi wrote:Okay; how does that excuse incompetent practice of their field?
It doesn't, as you'd have realised if you read past line one of my original post.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:Bad, or simply getting careless and sloppy because of doing it a hundred times a day? The appearance would be the same.
You mean it would, in fact, be the same thing. Regardless of the excuse, incompetence is incompetence. I understand your point perfectly: if you took the best F1 driver in the world and had him run the same course for 18 straight hours, he'd begin to get rather sloppy. The difference is, I suspect that he'd slow down and be more careful deliberately.
Captain Seafort wrote:It's not my intention to excuse said carelessness, simply to suggest a reason.
If you're suggesting that the staff is overworked, I agree. We need more physicians, nurses, orderlies, etc. This doesn't change the outcome.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:The people doing the sticking are rarely the highly trained or highly skilled people. Those are usually prioritized to areas where their talents are more useful. Most of the people I've been stuck by, outside of a blood bank, were usually the newbies.
Well, how else will they get experience, right? :?
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Well, how else will they get experience, right? :?
I don't disagree with the practice, I just think those in charge should either take more time making sure the newbie knows what they're doing, or make themselves available before the newbie turns the inside of my elbow to hamburger.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Again, exactly.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Tsukiyumi wrote:You mean it would, in fact, be the same thing. Regardless of the excuse, incompetence is incompetence. I understand your point perfectly: if you took the best F1 driver in the world and had him run the same course for 18 straight hours, he'd begin to get rather sloppy. The difference is, I suspect that he'd slow down and be more careful deliberately.
I'd use the analogy of driving down a dead-straight road for hours on end, but your point is made.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tyyr wrote:If you're tired you slow down and pay extra attention, not jam it in and go rooting around hoping to get lucky.

Do you have ANY idea how that sounds? :happydevil:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I know exactly how it sounded, clumsy and awkward just like teenage sex.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:You mean it would, in fact, be the same thing. Regardless of the excuse, incompetence is incompetence. I understand your point perfectly: if you took the best F1 driver in the world and had him run the same course for 18 straight hours, he'd begin to get rather sloppy. The difference is, I suspect that he'd slow down and be more careful deliberately.
I'd use the analogy of driving down a dead-straight road for hours on end, but your point is made.
Thank you.
Tyyr wrote:I know exactly how it sounded, clumsy and awkward just like teenage sex.
In other words, awful.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Bad, or simply getting careless and sloppy because of doing it a hundred times a day? The appearance would be the same.

It's not my intention to excuse said carelessness, simply to suggest a reason.
Either one really, the result is the same.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I would say speak for yourself, But I can't really compare :P