Shroud of Turin -- The Real Deal?

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Shroud of Turin -- The Real Deal?

Post by stitch626 »

I have one thing more to say to thing whole thing.

:roll: :bangwall: :laughroll: :suicide: :doh: :whack: :roll:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:I thought the Carbon Dating was in dispute due to a fire in the 1300's which could have damaged the Shroud.
The date is only one of the many reasons we know the thing is a fake. Not the least of which is the guy who "found" it coped to it being a forgery he made.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Bear in mind that C-14 is only a tiny fraction of the Carbon in the atmosphere. I read once that for the C-14 level to be off by enough to skew the results by 1,300 years, the shroud would have to absorb several times its own weight in carbon in that fire.

Seems an obvious fake to me. But believers seem determined to paint it as real, no matter what.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote:. But believers seem determined to paint it as real, no matter what.
That's what makes them "believers"
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I was kinda pissed when they "debunked" it; I had an idea for a story about scientists trying to clone Jesus from the DNA on the shroud, and creating a horrifying monster instead. That one had potential, dammit! :lol:
I read a book where Christ's DNA was used to try and cure a brutal serial killer.............could Christ's holy nature save a man from his own demons? Since it was a Christian author......yes.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:. But believers seem determined to paint it as real, no matter what.
That's what makes them "believers"
"Morons".
email, ergo spam