Paranoia: Mission 1, Mister Bubbles

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Paranoia: Mission 1, Mister Bubbles

Post by Lighthawk »

0800, day 1

The doors to your new living residence slide open with a shriek, the poorly aligned frame digging a corner into the metal. The lights inside wink on after a noticable pause, one bulb blinking in an irregular pattern. A single room fills the small space beyond, the area filled nearly completely with five narrow, sagging beds and as many slightly rusted and paint chipped storage lockers. The space smells of lingering BO and spoiled food.

You can hardly believe how nice it is. Ever since you turned in that co-worker for being a dirty commie traitor, life in Alpha Complex has only gotten better for you. No more public sleeping zones for you! You now have your very own bed, your very own storage locker, and soon you might even have things to put in it.

Best of all, you have left the masses behind. No longer a lowly Infared, you are now a marginely higher Red! Joy! And you have been personally selected by The Computer to be one of the elite, a Troubleshooter. You don't even need your Happy-Time pills this day...though of course, you still take them, as failure to take precribed meds is of course, treason.

You walk into the room, wondering what events are in store for you this day. You have been given the day off from work, to have some time to adjust to your new slightly elevated status. Hopefully your new roomates will arrive soon so that you may meet them...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Paranoia: Mission 1, Mister Bubbles

Post by Tyyr »

0800 Day 1
Tam

Tam walked into the room and gaped. The room was the biggest he'd ever seen. It was huge, palatial, the amenities were incredible. He stood dumb in the door for a minute while pondering just what he was going to do. Finally picking the bed farthest from the door he put his meager possessions... nothing down on it and waited.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Mike walked into the assigned quarters per his PDC shortly after another person dressed in red - presumably another of the troubleshooters. Mike glanced around, taking in the relative luxury of the area, and immediately wondered what the cost of such perqs would be. Picking a cot near the wall opposite the door, he began to remake the bed, going over it a few times until it seemed right.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Soon after Mike, a pair of Reds poked their heads into the room, one a petite woman of alarming red hair, her jumpsuit streaked with the bright yellow mark of a registured mutant. The other was a squat guy with bushy eyebrows and thick stubble.

"Is this it?" the man asked.

"Uh, yes! Without a doubt," the woman responded.

"Uh huh," the man said doubtfully. "Bet you a credit it isn't, just like the last three..."

"I'm telling you Peter, this is most definately our room," the woman said with a vigourous nod. She waved to Mike and Tam. "Hello rommies! I'm Jennifer, and Mr. Grumpy here is Peter."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

As the doors slid open, Patrick noted the veritable opulence of his new residence. Not a single item in the room was that color. With a smirk, he entered the room, setting down his belongings as he examined his new companions.

Slovenly bunch, he thought with distaste. At least he'd be the best-looking of the group. He paused to brush a piece of lint from his impeccable crimson jumpsuit.

At this, he smiled broadly and introduced himself, "Hi. I'm Patrick. I'm sure it'll be an absolute pleasure to work with such a bright-looking group of individuals."
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

0802 - "Hmm," Mike said without emotion. He finished tidying his selected area, noticed the markings on the female's suit, and added, "You're not gonna make a mess, are you?"
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Tam reached up and pulled a pen from her pocket, nervously twirling the little metal writing implement between her fingers. She glanced at each person in the room nervously, uncomfortable in the large crowd. She had been enjoying the added space in the room and the idea of not having to sleep packed in with a hundred other people. There still weren't many people in the room but it still made her edgy. "Tam," was all she said.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Jennifer's gaze swept almost uninterrupted around the room as she acknowledged the others, with a friendly "Hiya Pat!" that quickly turned to a confused "Huh?" at Mike and back to a friendly smile at Tam.

Peter gave a slight nod and a wave to the room at general, and slouched on over to a bed.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"I don't suppose Friend Computer has told anyone what's expected of us now?" Tam asked as he returned to his own bed.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

As if waiting for the question, every PDC in the room suddenly chimed out in a cheery melody of an incoming message.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Tam looked at her PDC, reading the message. "I don't suppose anyone got that part after 'Briefing' did they?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Nope, just 'briefing room...' something-or-other," Mike answered. "No doubt we can get the destination from the indicated transbot, however..." he continued, letting his voice trail off in thought.
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

"Woo! Mission time! Mission time!" Jennifer crowed, jumping up and down in excitement. "Come on, lets go!" she said, darting out the door. A few seconds later she peeked back inside, her mouth open, but Peter spoke up first.

"You have no idea where the Transbot Tubeway Platform we're suppose to go to is, do you?" he asked, to which she slowly shook her head. With a resigned sigh, Peter rose from the bed he had picked. "Shall we get going then?" he asked the group.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

"If you know the way, please lead, by all means." Patrick smiled, gesturing toward the door with an open hand.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

"Might as well," Peter said. "This way..." He headed on out the door, and Jennifer fell into step beside him.

"Mission time, mission time, serve The Computer, kick some commie butt..." she sang softly