Paranoia

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Paranoia

Post by Lighthawk »

First of all, I know this not exactly the ideal spot for this, but all our other scifi RP sections are given over to a specific universe. This is our only general type RP section, so I figured I'd put this here.

I recently came across a rather interesting (and amusing) table top game, Paranoia. I picked up the rule book and got pretty into it, and now I'm looking to start up a game if I can get some players.

Go here for a general (and frankly better than I could word it) understanding of the game's nature.

If I get a few people interested, I'll toss up the details of character creation (which is pretty simple). I'll also write up a general "things to know" list.

As for the rules...well as players you're not allowed to know the rules, and the game is designed around that, so you don't have to worry about learning the game system. The game can be played without the players ever having to roll a die.

Now that said, I can understand if having no control over your fate might be a turn off for some people. I'm more than willing to make adjustments to the play style to allow people to as much or as little involvement with the rules and rolling as they want to be. For now though, don't worry about it. Really, the rules are actually less important than the attitude of the game.

So, everyone who's not a commie mutant traitor, sign up. Everyone who is a commie mutant traitor, report to the nearest termination booth, thank you.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Paranoia

Post by Tyyr »

Sure, why not.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Jeebus! I haven't even thought about Paranoia for about 20 years. I do recall it being good for a lot of laffs, though. Sure.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

May as well. Count me in. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'll give it a try.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It sounds like complete anarch... er, fun.

Sure, why not? I'm in.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Ok, I think I've got my character sheet done.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Looks good. Victim 1 ready.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

*Cough* So uh, anyone else who expressed interest? There's no line people.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm almost done. Just waiting on your PM. :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Alright, we got another fish in the barrel. Next!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I probably shouldn't ask, but... you really like GM'ing RPs where you get to kill the players on a whim, don't you? :lol:
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I probably shouldn't ask, but... you really like GM'ing RPs where you get to kill the players on a whim, don't you? :lol:
Nah, not really. I may plan things to be that way, but I keep letting things like story and character growth get in the way of the player killing. Silly me.

This game though, it doesn't matter. Let the blood flow!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Uh... Yay?

:lol:
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Uh... Yay?

:lol:
That better not be sarcasm citizen. Remember, happiness is manditory!