Fantasy Universes

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Fantasy Universes

Post by Aaron »

NP. I've ditched my wine for a skinning knife and an extra days rations. And so is born the Female Orc Fighter (former whaler) Rôa Hagcrasha, who is probably retarded by human standards.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Oh hey, how are we handling skills not related to stabby stabby? For example could my Orc sail a boat and craft simple objects out of hide if it's related to her trade/past, could an archer make his arrows if need be?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Oh hey, how are we handling skills not related to stabby stabby? For example could my Orc sail a boat and craft simple objects out of hide if it's related to her trade/past, could an archer make his arrows if need be?
Hmm not sure. There are two options. We could skill that up normally or consider it up to the person to decide how proficient they are at something. I'm in mind to do the latter. Least for now. But what do you guys think?

Chapter 6 and 7 of the rule book are up. They go over leveling and experience. I think we're good enough to start once we decide to do skills for manufacturing things or not.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:
Hmm not sure. There are two options. We could skill that up normally or consider it up to the person to decide how proficient they are at something. I'm in mind to do the latter. Least for now. But what do you guys think?
I lean toward the later. For example my Orc would be able to fish, gut and clean animals, sail a ship and mend and patch things, likely be able to make simple clothes but...the kicker...the items would be of poorer quality then bought at a store. So if she whips up an animal hide shirt, it wouldn't look pretty nor be worth much but would get her by.

This hopefully stops the "my character just made a silk shirt of +5 charisma" stuff.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Yeah that's my thinking too. Well I dare say we're ready to begin. I'll get to work on the Alpha post.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

If you don't want to bother with proficiencies/skills, we could just wing it based on race and stated background. You could have each player name one or two background apprenticeships/skills/etc. BTW in case anyone didn't know - I'm going w/ Spellsword for my class.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:If you don't want to bother with proficiencies/skills, we could just wing it based on race and stated background. You could have each player name one or two background apprenticeships/skills/etc. BTW in case anyone didn't know - I'm going w/ Spellsword for my class.
Yah let's just have each person decide on their own. Less work for all of us.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Aye, we've already got one RP that requires endless searching through books...

:lol:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Holy cow, this thing exploded while I was gone.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Holy cow, this thing exploded while I was gone.
I move fast :P

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

just a quick question:

can we get pics or better descriptions for some of these species so we know more what they look like...

I'm a gargoyle and I think of something like these:

The D&D Gargoyle.

A more humanish Gargoyle, but same basic layout.

and don't count out the kids show, this was the original gargoyle bada*s for me. :mrgreen:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

LOL i had pictures for just about half the playable creatures when I was like... you know I bet people will complain if I make the parameters for what is acceptable too small. I'll just let them pick whatever they want. But if it makes you feel any better I had the kids cartoon pic for the Gargoyle.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

:laughroll:

Goliath was amazing! Note the name Gorath didn't come out of thin air :D

and IMO a pic doesn't necessarily confine them, just gives a general idea of their appearance, but it's your call.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lt. Staplic wrote::laughroll:

Goliath was amazing! Note the name Gorath didn't come out of thin air :D

and IMO a pic doesn't necessarily confine them, just gives a general idea of their appearance, but it's your call.
lol well if you want what I was thinking its Goliath. Only the coolest gargoyle in existence. And if I ended up making a character I'd had made a gargoyle like him too :P

Also, I'm not going to post Xythic's response to every person, that would be repetitive so don't wait for me to post in the main thread :P

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Monroe wrote:lol well if you want what I was thinking its Goliath. Only the coolest gargoyle in existence. And if I ended up making a character I'd had made a gargoyle like him too :P
lol, how old is that show?
Monroe wrote:Also, I'm not going to post Xythic's response to every person, that would be repetitive so don't wait for me to post in the main thread :P
I didn't.