Fantasy Universes

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Fantasy Universes

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:
Yeah I can do that. Reason those weapons were so easy for me to do is I just altered a list from Oblivion :P
:lol: That's what I figured as soon as I saw silver weapons. :wink:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote: a dude who kills whales, dolphins and seals?
You are so Canadian. :lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:I have to say Munroe, I think playing down the magical professions might prove more difficult than might be imagined. A lot of the races use it as a primary method of defence and attack (especially High Elves/Altmer).
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Sorry I missed this the first time.

Spears / guns added to weapon list. These I made up so they're not as good as the ones I modified.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Monroe wrote:
Yeah I can do that. Reason those weapons were so easy for me to do is I just altered a list from Oblivion :P
:lol: That's what I figured as soon as I saw silver weapons. :wink:
Hey I have you know that WoW has silver weapons too. :lol:
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Okay I posted classes. Let me know what you guys think. I've only made them up to level 2. After 2 I am planning on decreasing the amount of new abilities to probably just one.

I don't think the new classes will screw with anyone's character creation but it helps the magic users out the most.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Question about the scout class...

Scout Class:
-Hamstring shot- Halts enemy in its place for 5 turns (posts).

Level 2:
-Arcane Shot- Uses your intel modifier instead of strength - Causes enemy to be immobile until your next round (post)

Now maybe halts means something different than immobile as you meant it here, but it seem to me at least as if the level 1 special there is a lot more potent then the level 2.

Also, would you be against us coming up with our own specials using what you have posted as the baseline for damage or debuffs?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lighthawk wrote:Question about the scout class...

Scout Class:
-Hamstring shot- Halts enemy in its place for 5 turns (posts).

Level 2:
-Arcane Shot- Uses your intel modifier instead of strength - Causes enemy to be immobile until your next round (post)

Now maybe halts means something different than immobile as you meant it here, but it seem to me at least as if the level 1 special there is a lot more potent then the level 2.

Also, would you be against us coming up with our own specials using what you have posted as the baseline for damage or debuffs?
I actually thought about those two for awhile. But there are some differences. Hamstring works for 5 people's posts. Any five. And it uses your agility modifier.

Arcane shot though only works until you (the person who shot it) posts again. And it uses your intelligence modifier.

So on one hand if there's a whole lot of people in a battle the arcane shot might work best. But if there's only you and a buddy then a hamstring shot. Since if you have him down with a hamstring you can shoot him again after someone else posts and not have used up your 5 post timer.

So they're very similar yes but are used for two different situations.

And yeah feel free to PM me your suggestions for specials and I'll fit them in Level 3+. Mikey gave me a good one for Spellsword's level 3 I'm about to add.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, I remember those from my WoW hunter. :wink:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:Yeah, I remember those from my WoW hunter. :wink:
Arcane shot did something slightly different ;)

I wrote down everyone's level 3 spells. I gave scout a good level 3 passive since they arguably hadn't been getting the best deals.

I also changed what Unholy Glare a level 2 priest spell did. Its now a debuffer instead of a damage move.

Everyone who has already wrote down their character don't forget to say what class they are. (you start at level 1) and.. Don't forget to name your characters! :P

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Hey Monroe, what would a skinning knife go for?

And are these Warhammer type Orcs or Eldar Scroll type? IE: one sex or two?
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Monroe wrote: I actually thought about those two for awhile. But there are some differences. Hamstring works for 5 people's posts. Any five. And it uses your agility modifier.

Arcane shot though only works until you (the person who shot it) posts again. And it uses your intelligence modifier.

So on one hand if there's a whole lot of people in a battle the arcane shot might work best. But if there's only you and a buddy then a hamstring shot. Since if you have him down with a hamstring you can shoot him again after someone else posts and not have used up your 5 post timer.

So they're very similar yes but are used for two different situations.
Ah...that makes more sense. I was taking it to mean hamstring was five rounds as in five full turns of everyone involved, not just when five people have gone.
And yeah feel free to PM me your suggestions for specials and I'll fit them in Level 3+. Mikey gave me a good one for Spellsword's level 3 I'm about to add.
Well I had a thought about going back to my original necromancer idea (sorry to keep flip flopping), and was wondering if I could adjust the mage spell list to make it have a darker feel to it.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Hey Monroe, what would a skinning knife go for?

And are these Warhammer type Orcs or Eldar Scroll type? IE: one sex or two?
2g for a skinning knife? Slightly cheaper than the worse kind of dagger. And Elder Scroll / WoW type of orcs. Two sexes.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lighthawk wrote:
Ah...that makes more sense. I was taking it to mean hamstring was five rounds as in five full turns of everyone involved, not just when five people have gone.
No problem, I'll try to edit it to make it sound clearer.

Well I had a thought about going back to my original necromancer idea (sorry to keep flip flopping), and was wondering if I could adjust the mage spell list to make it have a darker feel to it.
Well I can add some necromancer spells onto the list if you'd like. Also the healy class is very similar to necromancer. Hell for that matter Spellsword has very necromancer sounding spells too. I want to try to limit the amount of classes there are. What do you have in mind though?

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:
2g for a skinning knife? Slightly cheaper than the worse kind of dagger. And Elder Scroll / WoW type of orcs. Two sexes.
OK, I was just going to use it for actual skinning. So if I wound up using it as a weapon I figured you'd count it as improvised.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Monroe wrote:
OK, I was just going to use it for actual skinning. So if I wound up using it as a weapon I figured you'd count it as improvised.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. But dagger is the closes thing to it so it should be about the same price as a dagger even if its only used for skinning.

-Remain Star Trek-