Star Wars vs. the Borg

Admiral Dunsel
Petty officer third class

Star Wars vs. the Borg

Post by Admiral Dunsel »

A long rumored piece of trivia for ST: First Contact was that ILM placed the Millennium Falcon in the battle with the Borg Cube over Earth.

You can see it if you look at the 6th/last image for the Akira class ship.
" We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. " - Benjamin Franklin
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars vs. the Borg

Post by IanKennedy »

Admiral Dunsel wrote:A long rumored piece of trivia for ST: First Contact was that ILM placed the Millennium Falcon in the battle with the Borg Cube over Earth.

You can see it if you look at the 6th/last image for the Akira class ship.
Cool. I'd never really noticed that before, and I snapped the photo :)
email, ergo spam
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Does this mean we're allowed to start a technical discussion on the subject, since they're obviously the same universe? :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Admiral Dunsel

Post by Admiral Dunsel »

Ian,

Cool to the nth degree! I also posted an update to the IMDB trivia page for ST: First Contact, as to where to see this. Maybe more visitors soon.
" We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. " - Benjamin Franklin
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Captain Seafort wrote:Does this mean we're allowed to start a technical discussion on the subject, since they're obviously the same universe? :P
NO!
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:Does this mean we're allowed to start a technical discussion on the subject, since they're obviously the same universe? :P
NO!
Smart man. We don't need flame wars burning the entire forum down.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I think I know what the Falcon was there... The Federation likes ships with saucer sections... The Falcon is basically saucer shaped... Its a natural fit.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So we have the Millennium Falcon in First Contact, and R2D2 in Star Trek 2009. We had Serenity from Firefly in Battlestar Galactica. We had a 2001 Pod and ETs in Star Wars prequels.

Any more?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So we have the Millennium Falcon in First Contact, and R2D2 in Star Trek 2009. We had Serenity from Firefly in Battlestar Galactica. We had a 2001 Pod and ETs in Star Wars prequels.

Any more?
I think I saw the Enterprise in a couple of the Star Trek movies, but I'm not positive.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So we have the Millennium Falcon in First Contact, and R2D2 in Star Trek 2009. We had Serenity from Firefly in Battlestar Galactica. We had a 2001 Pod and ETs in Star Wars prequels.
The E-nil turned up in neo-BSG as well.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I know that there is NO! vs debates, but I think that it would be cool to have a picture section with things like this. Not vs, but crossovers and tributes
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

To be clear, the no versus rule is just that - debates about one against the other, like "Are Galactica Blasters more powerful than Star Wars blasters?" type arguments. There's no rule about pointing out little in-jokes like this, or talking about how one show might have influenced another, or stuff like that. There's even been some crossover fiction posted, IIRC. Though that's right on the edge, and they mostly got away with it because nobody noticed until long after it was posted... :lol:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Cartoons and anime count? How many times have we seen the Enterprise or Klingon battle cruiser or even a shuttle in the background of a sci-fi based anime.

Hell, in DBZ when Nappa was fighting the Z warriors (hate calling them that) news reporters flew in to see them in action. One of them was a Star Trek shuttle.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Cartoons and anime count? How many times have we seen the Enterprise or Klingon battle cruiser or even a shuttle in the background of a sci-fi based anime.

Hell, in DBZ when Nappa was fighting the Z warriors (hate calling them that) news reporters flew in to see them in action. One of them was a Star Trek shuttle.
Ha, I never watch anime so I didn't know any of that.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Obviously it's not the same thing, but my "Untitled Sci-fi Universe" has people flying around in Enterprises, Millennium Falcons and flying saucers in the same way we have people driving around in Batmobiles, Ecto-1s, and Delroean time machines today.
Bite my shiny metal ass