Sir Patrick Stewart And Sir Ian McKellen Are Homies Forever

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Sir Patrick Stewart And Sir Ian McKellen Are Homies Forever

Post by Nutso »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/time ... hey-are-th
The link leads to 22 images of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan doing stuff together, like this:

But with creepy headlines like this:
3. When Ian posed with a wax statue of Patrick because he couldn’t be away from him too long.
Have fun.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sir Patrick Stewart And Sir Ian McKellen Are Homies Fore

Post by IanKennedy »

What confuses me is that two English people would be celebrating thanksgiving. They do know it's a US only thing, don't they?
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote:What confuses me is that two English people would be celebrating thanksgiving. They do know it's a US only thing, don't they?
Probably not a good idea to tell Gandalf/Magneto and Captain Picard/Professor X what not to do. ;)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It's not me tell them. It would be them saying "Thanks what?"
email, ergo spam
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

IanKennedy wrote:What confuses me is that two English people would be celebrating thanksgiving. They do know it's a US only thing, don't they?
To be fair, 1 it seems they're currently living/working in the U.S. so whatever. 2. While the specifics of the Thanksgiving holiday are particularly American, there's nothing restricting the idea of "taking a day to give thanks for my position/prosperity/whatever in life.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
To be fair, 1 it seems they're currently living/working in the U.S. so whatever. 2. While the specifics of the Thanksgiving holiday are particularly American, there's nothing restricting the idea of "taking a day to give thanks for my position/prosperity/whatever in life. eating a big ass turkey meal
FTFY
Bite my shiny metal ass
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

We call that "Christmas".
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Griffin wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:
To be fair, 1 it seems they're currently living/working in the U.S. so whatever. 2. While the specifics of the Thanksgiving holiday are particularly American, there's nothing restricting the idea of "taking a day to give thanks for my position/prosperity/whatever in life. eating a big ass turkey meal
FTFY
Amen Brother.
Captain Seafort wrote:We call that "Christmas".
I thought Christmas was about celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through whom we will be redeemed -- "thankfullness" for your position/prosperity/family/ife is not strictly involved. Or is this a British thing?

:poke:
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Gee I thought Christmas was about bringing in a tree carcass and then decorating it and then using cut off body parts of that tree into a circle and display it on a door. Then we buy gifts for people while admiring the display of that decorated tree carcass.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

McAvoy wrote:Gee I thought Christmas was about bringing in a tree carcass and then decorating it and then using cut off body parts of that tree into a circle and display it on a door. Then we buy gifts for people while admiring the display of that decorated tree carcass.
"Tell me, do they still sing songs about the Great Evergreen Hunt?"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
I thought Christmas was about celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through whom we will be redeemed -- "thankfullness" for your position/prosperity/family/ife is not strictly involved. Or is this a British thing?

:poke:
No, not in England. The CofE basically gave that up years ago. It's pretty much Turkey and Pressies these days :)
email, ergo spam
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

So, America gets two Christmases? that's not fair damnit.
Bite my shiny metal ass
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Instead of presents we get a shit ton of food and Black Friday.

Oh and of course the post Thanksgiving turkey sandwich.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

We forgot to tell you guys this. The US are keeping them. You cannot have them back.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

You really think you'll be able to hold onto Gandalf the White and George Smiley's nemesis? :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.