A little about where i'm from...

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

A little about where i'm from...

Post by Teaos »

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: A little about where i'm from...

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

A lot of those would also apply to Texas, just so you know. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Still want to move there and take your jobs...
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
A lot of those would also apply to Texas, just so you know. :D
Because you're copycats? We also have a city called Harlingen, but it's a little older and a good deal smaller.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

We had another pretty good re-used Dutch city name, but the limeys went a changed it to "New York."

I haven't found any internet humor on the subject, but here's my take on my home state:

You know you're from New Jersey because
Fuck you, who's asking? That's why.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:We had another pretty good re-used Dutch city name, but the limeys went a changed it to "New York."
Have you ever come up with any ideas for names on your own?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I'm pretty sure if we did we haven't implemented them yet.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:We had another pretty good re-used Dutch city name, but the limeys went a changed it to "New York."
Have you ever come up with any ideas for names on your own?
Why bother? It was easier to just kick your tea-sucking butts and take yours. Can't argue with the results, though - ask 99% of the Western world where "Boston" is, and I'd be willing to bet that the answer would be Massachusetts rather than Lincolnshire.

Unless you count the idea of taking what you call "football," turning it into the real sport it is over here, and keeping the name the same - that's been a century and a half and it still manages to put a burr under your saddle. :P
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Wait a minute, let's see...

We've got a famous resident, who lives in Jersey for good reasons.
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mikey wrote:Unless you count the idea of taking what you call "football," turning it into the real sport it is over here, and keeping the name the same - that's been a century and a half and it still manages to put a burr under your saddle. :P
You can keep deluding your self about that. Hand egg it is and hand egg it will always be. :)

It's almost as funny as calling the US baseball final a 'World Series'.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

IanKennedy wrote:You can keep deluding your self about that. Hand egg it is and hand egg it will always be.
See what I mean? 150 years since the game diverged significantly from rugby, and you're STILL rationalizing. Guess what? If you guys won the American Revolution, you could have had all the naming rights you wanted. Things went otherwise.
IanKennedy wrote:It's almost as funny as calling the US baseball final a 'World Series'.
Another excellent point. It's ludicrous to call it the "World Series" when Major League Baseball involves nothing more than 29 American teams and 1 Canuck team... yet we still do so, and nobody has stopped us. Even with the ill-fated advent of an actual international playoff and final, we still called the internal MLB championship the World Series, and nobody batted an eye. And the best part? Here's our response to anyone who has an issue with what we decide to call anything:
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mikey wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:You can keep deluding your self about that. Hand egg it is and hand egg it will always be.
See what I mean? 150 years since the game diverged significantly from rugby, and you're STILL rationalizing. Guess what? If you guys won the American Revolution, you could have had all the naming rights you wanted. Things went otherwise.
That's rationalizing is it? I don't think so. As far as I'm aware the only place the word Football refers to your game is in the US. Here it's referred to as 'American Football'. Just as you call actual football (you know the one where a foot hits a ball) as soccer.
Mikey wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:It's almost as funny as calling the US baseball final a 'World Series'.
Another excellent point. It's ludicrous to call it the "World Series" when Major League Baseball involves nothing more than 29 American teams and 1 Canuck team... yet we still do so, and nobody has stopped us. Even with the ill-fated advent of an actual international playoff and final, we still called the internal MLB championship the World Series, and nobody batted an eye. And the best part? Here's our response to anyone who has an issue with what we decide to call anything:
I think you misunderstand, it's not that we would like to stop you. It more that we just don't give a flying fuck for a game that only the US is interested in. It's just amusing that you think the game has any importance outside of the US/Canada. I view it a little like a small child putting his address down as including 'the solar system, the milky way galaxy, the universe'.

Equally amusing is the 'Mr Universe' competition, as if it was open to extraterrestrials.
email, ergo spam