2 Star Admiral

Re: Funny pics

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Nutso wrote: Bet it didn't take the editor panty of time to come up with this headline. (God I suck.)
:DITL:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Where do the U.K. DITLer's live?
Stan - South Park
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

London, apparently.
Bite my shiny metal ass
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I live in London (aka Oxford). Here in the white and red house, and yes that is my red Merc SLK in the from garden.
email, ergo spam
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

IanKennedy wrote:I live in London (aka Oxford). Here in the white and red house, and yes that is my red Merc SLK in the from garden.
And apparently you got the place from Batman's foe Two-face?
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:Image
Patrick Stewart truly is a god among men.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

IanKennedy wrote:I live in London (aka Oxford). Here in the white and red house, and yes that is my red Merc SLK in the from garden.
So, you live in Duplex-ville?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Having had this conversation with American friends, we don't really use the same language you guys do when it comes to houses.

That is what we call a "semi detached" house - it's joined to a house on one side, but not on the other. If it stood on its own with no join on either side, it would be a "detached house". If it joined another house on both sides, it would be a "terraced house".

You would think that the house on the end of a row of terraced houses would be a semi-detached, but nope. If your house joins to another, but only on one side, and then that joins to another, and another, and so on... then they are terraced and your house is an "end-terrace house".

Terraced houses are the cheapest (I live in one), then end terraced, then semi detached, then detached.

Oh, and we don't typically value houses based on their square footage. Rather, apart from what type of house they are, they're typically classified based on the number of bedrooms.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

to build on that I seem to think we have a lot more multi-storey houses than you guys do over there. The vast majority of our houses are two story properties with a kitchen, dining room and living room on the bottom floor (often with a small bathroom with a toilet and sink only); upstairs the bedrooms and primary bathroom. I seem to remember a lot of you guys having single story properties; we call them bungalows. They tend to be something bought by elder generations (though not exclusively of couse).
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

There are houses of all shapes and sizes in the US. I know a guy who lives in a 'house' that isn't much bigger than a shed. But it has everything a house has except size.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Reliant121 wrote:to build on that I seem to think we have a lot more multi-storey houses than you guys do over there. The vast majority of our houses are two story properties with a kitchen, dining room and living room on the bottom floor (often with a small bathroom with a toilet and sink only); upstairs the bedrooms and primary bathroom. I seem to remember a lot of you guys having single story properties; we call them bungalows. They tend to be something bought by elder generations (though not exclusively of couse).
Bungalows aren't all that common here - since they require twice as much land for the same area of house they tend to be more expensive for a given size. They're not any great rarity - my parents live in one - but maybe one house in twenty or thirty, at the very most. I've no idea how that compares to the US building mix.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...