Funny pics

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Funny pics

Post by McAvoy »

After one try though?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:After one try though?
With that cold sapping their strength, one was probably all they had. I have to reiterate though that after watching that movie, all I could think was "Why couldn't she move over?"
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

With the cold water, he'd probably started having his legs go numb at that point. So he's only have his arms to pull himself up, then moving his lower limbs. The fun part is in the meantime he'd be rocking the platform, potentially causing her to fall off, killing them both.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Possibly. I would have to watch the scene but they did not appear to being sapped of strength yet.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Teaos is right. He tried climbing up and the thing begins tipping over into the water.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Which to be fair, anyone who has tried to climb onto one of those blow up pool beds knows it is next to impossible to do it while floating....
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Teaos wrote:Which to be fair, anyone who has tried to climb onto one of those blow up pool beds knows it is next to impossible to do it while floating....
Yeah even with help.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Wreath of Khan. Nice. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Nutso wrote:
Captain Picard's Hair wrote:The Mythbusters tested this recently (with help from James Cameron himself) and found that Jack and Rose could indeed have both survived until the rescue boat arrived. Specifically, they verified that Jack would have died had he stayed in the water as portrayed but a person could survive out of the water in the cold air for the hour-plus Cameron specified the rescue boat took, even with wet clothes. A test with Adam and Jamie in a pool (on a proportionally larger raft to account for their larger size and mass than the heroes) showed that it's not easy but it is possible to arrange both bodies on the raft. They found that when they secured the life preservers they had at hand under the raft the buoyancy issues immediately became much more manageable. It would require a small but not unreasonable amount of work but it's quite possible to have both survive.
I saw the movie once and hated it, so I can't exactly remember the end. Did Rose ever say, "Jack, get up here. There's some room." Because I remember her being sprawled out on that thing and I was thinking, "Why not just scoot over, bitch?"
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

No. That's no moon.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nutso wrote:Image
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939