Funny pics

IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Funny pics

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:I have accepted Christopher Reeves as the true and only Superman.

As such could you imagine a modern day Christopher Reeve Superman? I can imagine him facing Doomsday. Can You?
Surely it would be mostly like Superman Returns. Only somewhat better.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote:

As such could you imagine a modern day Christopher Reeve Superman? I can imagine him facing Doomsday. Can You?
Not really. Superman Returns had its moments but I definitely do not think the actor had what it took to be Superman.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

They all look like Superman to me. :P
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:

Not really. Superman Returns had its moments but I definitely do not think the actor had what it took to be Superman.
I didn't really have a problem with the film in any way. It was a damned site better than Hope Boy. The Superman Returns guy was the spitting image of Christopher Reves:

Hope Boy doesn't even have a 'kiss curl'.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Of course. That movie was Superman 2.5. So of course he was supposed to be the Reeve Superman.

Even in Superman Returns they had to dial down certain Aspects of the Reeves movies like Lex Luthors more comical side.

Honestly Brandon Ruth's Superman didn't have presence like Reeves did. The Clark Kent and even Jimmy Olsen was almost cartoony.

I think that is why they went with the way they did in Man of Steel. Two or more super powered beings along with a weapon of doom will not make man sized potholes. Or create small situations for Superman to fix. It is going to be an all out brawl. Simple as that.

The Christopher Reeves movies would have that too if they had the technology to show it. They had to make that battle in Superman 2 like that because they couldn't afford or have the capability to show what would truly happen if Superman fought three Kryptonians.

This on top of a movie where they perhaps more realistically portray the arrival a man that is 100% unstoppable by Earth forces and their reactions.

Oh and it is called a spit curl.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Oh and it is called a spit curl.
Not in the UK it isn't, never has been. Even in the years before Superman was ever dreamt of.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:The Christopher Reeves movies would have that too if they had the technology to show it. They had to make that battle in Superman 2 like that because they couldn't afford or have the capability to show what would truly happen if Superman fought three Kryptonians.
I very much doubt it. It was a film very much aimed at children. That's why it had a "cartoony" nature to it you are referring to. They didn't want to make it realistic, believable special effects yes, realistic no. To point out the difference here, If Zod had killed the people in the train station then believable would be for them to day in a nasty way. Realistic would be for them to pretty much boil and or melt. No kids film should portray that. I wouldn't take a kid to see this Hope Boy film large parts of it are utterly boring.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

What just happened?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

New rules for corners?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote:
McAvoy wrote:The Christopher Reeves movies would have that too if they had the technology to show it. They had to make that battle in Superman 2 like that because they couldn't afford or have the capability to show what would truly happen if Superman fought three Kryptonians.
I very much doubt it. It was a film very much aimed at children. That's why it had a "cartoony" nature to it you are referring to. They didn't want to make it realistic, believable special effects yes, realistic no. To point out the difference here, If Zod had killed the people in the train station then believable would be for them to day in a nasty way. Realistic would be for them to pretty much boil and or melt. No kids film should portray that. I wouldn't take a kid to see this Hope Boy film large parts of it are utterly boring.
I don't remember ever hearing the Superman movies were directed and made for children. Wasn't it a general release meant for everyone?

As you getting bored during the movie. That doesn't directly mean the movie is boring but your own personal tastes. If I read a overwhelming majority of reviews saying it was boring then I would have agree it was a boring movie in which I found entertaining. That is just personal taste.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

The cat's name is Harry Kim.
Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nutso wrote:Image
The cat's name is Harry Kim.
Hey, maybe the cat isn't into that sort of action.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

That's one of the things that I love about cats. If they don't want to put up with shit, they don't.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

All I could think of was, "I have an eight-year-old girl, I know who the chick in the cat GIF is."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer