Funny pics

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Funny pics

Post by Teaos »

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Facebook updates its sharing policy in light of recent events :

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Wasn't this known for several years now anyway?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

McAvoy wrote:Wasn't this known for several years now anyway?
Yes, but in all honesty people really don't care so they forgot. Now they are outraged because the press is telling to be outraged but they will forget again, because they still really don't care.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Jim wrote:Yes, but in all honesty people really don't care so they forgot. Now they are outraged because the press is telling to be outraged but they will forget again, because they still really don't care.
Basically, "Evil will always triumph... because good is dumb."
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Good isnt dumb, its apathetic.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Jim wrote:Yes, but in all honesty people really don't care so they forgot. Now they are outraged because the press is telling to be outraged but they will forget again, because they still really don't care.
Basically, "Evil will always triumph... because good is dumb."
"I've found that evil usually triumphs over good, unless good is very, very careful."
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:Good isnt dumb, its apathetic.
Which, in this case in particular, is quite dumb.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I actually don't care. More than half of what the media says is wrong anyway (Feds too, don't get me wrong I don't trust them outside a volcano).

Also, if you look it is 100% legal. The companies can share whatever they like, as long as they don't allow things to be done to your account (payments modified, calls made with your number, emails sent with your account, etc). Don't like it, don't use the company... good luck not having phone or internet.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

While it is true that if the NSA (or PRISM, or whoever) asks for phone records, the carrier may voluntarily and legally turn them over - the fact remains that they are under no compulsion to do so. A dick move is a dick move, regardless of legal legitimacy.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Section 605 of the Communications Act makes it illegal for any persons to intercept or divulge wire or radio communications without the authorization of the sender of the communications, so no, it isn't legal. Although, I suppose they just put that into the contract, right? It's unconstitutional, and most definitely a dick move.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Just because you ain’t paranoid doesn’t mean they ain’t watchin’
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Section 605 of the Communications Act makes it illegal for any persons to intercept or divulge wire or radio communications without the authorization of the sender of the communications, so no, it isn't legal. Although, I suppose they just put that into the contract, right? It's unconstitutional, and most definitely a dick move.
That's all well and good, but has nothing to do with what the NSA has done. Call durations, locations from which calls were placed, etc., are the data which has been given by the carriers to the NSA. Don't worry, though, you don't have to twist definitions about legality in order to call it wrong. The unauthorized wiretaps, etc., that W. started under the aegis of the "Patriot Act" are the types of things that are actually forbidden under the code you mentioned.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think that is more of s cool thing than a funny thing IMO.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"