Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Funny pics

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

She's confused by her father's twin brother.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I have seen that before with twin sisters. It is amusing.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Image
I have found that like religious types, vegans and vegetarians, politics and everything else, they come in all varying degrees of activism. Femininists do as well. Ranging from man haters, to the idiots to the ones who just want equal pay to men.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:Image
Obviously a heavy steroid user. :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

McAvoy wrote:I have found that like religious types, vegans and vegetarians, politics and everything else, they come in all varying degrees of activism. Femininists do as well. Ranging from man haters, to the idiots to the ones who just want equal pay to men.
I believe the point here was not that Barbie isn't an example of an unattainable body image for girls; rather it's that He-Man poses the exact same issue for boys but there are no "masculinists" who complain about it day and night.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Can Bruce Lee do that?
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:
McAvoy wrote:I have found that like religious types, vegans and vegetarians, politics and everything else, they come in all varying degrees of activism. Femininists do as well. Ranging from man haters, to the idiots to the ones who just want equal pay to men.
I believe the point here was not that Barbie isn't an example of an unattainable body image for girls; rather it's that He-Man poses the exact same issue for boys but there are no "masculinists" who complain about it day and night.
That was my point. Not all femininists will point to Barbie for being an unobtainable body image. My bet some of them will realize it's a fucking doll. No one expects all boys to have king fu grip and have no genitalia.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yes indeed. Though I'd sat that of late the more extreme voices seem to hold the limelight, if only because most of the big battles have been won. Voting, equal pay, all that good stuff. What's left? Complaining about people's shirt designs? :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

How to manage a household, raise a family, hoe to worship.

Plenty of things for people to complain about.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Yes indeed. Though I'd sat that of late the more extreme voices seem to hold the limelight, if only because most of the big battles have been won. Voting, equal pay, all that good stuff. What's left? Complaining about people's shirt designs? :)
IDK about Great Britain, and I hope you guys have evolved a bit past us in this regard, but around here you might be surprised to find out how many sectors still have a glass ceiling a/o find legalese loopholes to offer de facto segregated pay scales. In one of my local congressional campaigns recently, one of the candidates' refusal to back legislation giving more teeth to equal-pay rulings was a legitimate talking point.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I've seen a whole lot of job ads this last year or so, and I've never yet seen one that offered different rates of pay to men and women. Does that actually happen in the US?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I've seen a whole lot of job ads this last year or so, and I've never yet seen one that offered different rates of pay to men and women. Does that actually happen in the US?
You're not going to see it in the job ad -- it's not that explicit. For legal reasons, no company is going to outright say they don't pay at the same way but somehow at the end of the year the result will be that the female employee swarmed less for her work than a male in the same position.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."