Now apologise for America, Britain told

thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Now apologise for America, Britain told

Post by thelordharry »

Source

A massive, unstoppable Essex? :D
IF Britain is in the mood for apologising for things it should really add America to its list, it was claimed last night.

As David Cameron told Pakistan that its current balls-out craziness was actually the fault of the British empire, experts pointed to the giant, stupid, disgusting country founded by some people from East Anglia.

Julian Cook, author of America: What the Fuck Were We Thinking?, said: "When Harwich-born Christopher Jones captained the Mayflower in 1620 he began a process that would lead ultimately to genocide, the Ku Klux Klan and Grey's Anatomy.

"Thanks to him and his insane passengers, the way was paved for a nation of heavily armed toddlers led around by an ever-changing roll-call of religious maniacs, grubby conmen and dead-eyed celebrities.

"It doesn't understand anything more than 15 minutes old - except creationism - and is littered with strip malls and heavily branded cheese pumps.

"We have engineered a massive, unstoppable Essex. We should all be in jail."

Cook conceded that other European countries would have taken Britain's place, but stressed: "Then we might have had a massive, unstoppable Dordogne. And that sounds brilliant."

Historian, Roy Hobbs, added: "And let's not forget that in the 19th century we made it even worse by ensuring its eastern seaboard was flooded with drunken, Irish gangsters whose chippy, lachrymose descendants would end up buying millions of U2 albums.

"So as well as Pakistan and America, we created Bono. And how do you even begin to apologise for Bono?"

Meanwhile, Cameron's apology has been questioned by experts who stressed the £650m in educational aid to Pakistan being used to counter the sort of peevish, blood thirsty Islam that existed before the British empire was even a shitty little twinkle in a Plantagenet eye.

Bill McKay, professor of tiffin at Reading University, said: "If it wasn't for a smattering of slightly giddy, gin-hammering colonists and jolly, Simon Callow-style vicars it could actually have been be much, much worse."
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Now apologise for America, Britain told

Post by Mikey »

What's wrong with Essex?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Some Noble Lord maybe? Pubah, or maybe Grand Pubah? :poke:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Hmmmm, I've always been a fan of the US....and I'm from Essex. Small coincidence?
to have succeeded.”
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

thelordharry wrote:Hmmmm, I've always been a fan of the US....and I'm from Essex. Small coincidence?
So it's all your fault! :lol:

Seriously, though, I don't get the joke... what makes Essex the butt of the joke?
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

This sort of thing:

email, ergo spam
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Guh. I am not proud of my home county.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Only place in the world?" Obviously, whoever wrote that has never visited any part of America more urban than "completely agrarian." I've never been, but I'd hazard a guess that there are parts of London, Birmingham, and Liverpool that would qualify for having all the seedy side-effects of "squalid sprawl" that Essex does.
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

BTW, that guy in the plaid car would - in most cities and many suburban extensions in America - be quickly assisted to assume room temperature for being a complete poser, not wearing colors, and tricking up a car like that without either "rizzies" or a cold-air. He'd probably get a broken malt bottle in his liver just for throwing signs like that.
as Bull offed Custer
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Mikey wrote:BTW, that guy in the plaid car would - in most cities and many suburban extensions in America - be instantly assisted to assume room temperature for being a complete poser........
Fixed for you.
Genius insania et conseri manum
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Indeed, you're right Mikey. I don't think there's any part of the UK (the World?) that doesn't have it's undesirable elements to it. Take London for example. Due to it's dense population, you can be in millionaires row one street and turn the corner and you're in social housing central. Let me tell you, I've been to more or less the whole of the UK in my lifetime (sporting events/holidays/work etc) and I'd take Essex over the vast majority of densely populated areas, north or south, any day. However, whenever people think 'Essex' they immediately jump to the Essex stereotype.

Still, back to the matter in hand, it all now makes sense when I have such an affection for a place like New York :)
to have succeeded.”
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Good example - people have a stereotype of New York City based mostly on outlying areas in Queens or The Bronx, or maybe ALL the way downtown; but Central and Upper Manhattan are still the cultural capital of the world, and there are co-ops in Manhattan that can command $4 - 5 million for LESS than 1,000 square feet.
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mikey wrote:BTW, that guy in the plaid car would - in most cities and many suburban extensions in America - be quickly assisted to assume room temperature for being a complete poser, not wearing colors, and tricking up a car like that without either "rizzies" or a cold-air. He'd probably get a broken malt bottle in his liver just for throwing signs like that.
The difference is that in Essex he would be treated as cool.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's my point - in the areas about which I'm talking, his chav-ness would be considered only halfway done or not thorough enough to actually have any street cred.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

thelordharry wrote:Indeed, you're right Mikey. I don't think there's any part of the UK (the World?) that doesn't have it's undesirable elements to it. Take London for example. Due to it's dense population, you can be in millionaires row one street and turn the corner and you're in social housing central. Let me tell you, I've been to more or less the whole of the UK in my lifetime (sporting events/holidays/work etc) and I'd take Essex over the vast majority of densely populated areas, north or south, any day. However, whenever people think 'Essex' they immediately jump to the Essex stereotype.

Still, back to the matter in hand, it all now makes sense when I have such an affection for a place like New York :)
Have to take the opposite on that front, I find southend and its surrounding areas to be a toilet. But I'm relatively "rural" compared to many towny towny people.