Barack Obama: Struggling President or Hitler

SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Barack Obama: Struggling President or Hitler

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Barack Obama - Either Doing His Best In One of The Most Difficult Times In American History, Or Hitler

Barack Obama, the first black president, proved to millions this year that he is either trying his best to lead the nation during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, or he is the modern-day incarnation of Adolph Hitler. One of the two.

In 2010, Obama made a number of political compromises while still trying to pursue many of the reforms laid out during his 2008 campaign. Also, he was a totalitarian monster comparable to the perpetrator of one of the worst genocides in history. He is either a president who passed a comprehensive health care measure despite staunch opposition from powerful private interests, or a radical-Islamist sympathizer bent on systematically dismantling American democracy and eradicating all human liberty. He either lowered taxes for most Americans while failing to communicate that effectively, or he is pure evil. Whichever.

Barack Obama, two of the most important people of 2010: the one who was elected to be president of the United States and execute laws to the best of his ability, and the one who murders senior citizens and hates all white people. Only history will say which he is for sure.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Re: Barack Obama: Struggling President or Hitler

Well.. I, for one, am happy that we managed to narrow it down. :happydevil:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

That's one of the most disgusting, offensive excuses for a joke that I've ever heard... and I am not easily offended.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The Onion is blocked at my work. Was there actually something funny if I followed the link?
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Tyyr wrote:The Onion is blocked at my work. Was there actually something funny if I followed the link?
Not really. The whole article have been copied in the OP.

So you people don't find it hilarious? Oh well. I think it's a healthy jab at the polarisation of public opinion in the US.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

A jab at the polarization would have had an actual punchline. Instead this guy says, "One side thinks he's great and the other thinks he's Hitler."

*Chirp*
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Tyyr wrote:A jab at the polarization would have had an actual punchline. Instead this guy says, "One side thinks he's great and the other thinks he's Hitler."
(Cut the chirping to save space)

I dunno. Onion's style of humor is usually less about the punchline, and more about taking a hilarious headline, and then elaborating on the joke. It's often hit or miss, as digging into the exact same joke is really a risky move in comedy.

In that case, it's really the (arguably) humor that, if you do a general survey of the reporting/commenting of BHO in the U.S. media, you end up with that very clear notion that... He's a struggling president during a hard time, and the closest thing possible to Hitler.

Presented as a "matter of fact", including professional-like reporting of the survey, just underline the inherent humor/tragedy of the situation.

But as bad as the situation is (because, I do find said polarisation bad for the US as a whole), laughing about it won't make it worse. Talking more about it might help it out, as both side of the issue just seems determined to believe the other side is brainwashed by their respective medias.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Except this isn't breaking news. This has been going on since he was just a candidate. They're about two years late for this to actually be funny or even topical.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Meh, Frankly the whole "Compare them to Hitler" stitck has really been overdone for quite a while now. No one ever gets compared to Stalin, or Napoleon, hell even Satan seems to have been replaced as the unit measurement of true evil by Hitler. Honestly I think I've been completely desensitized to Hitler because of the overuse of him. I get more emotional response from Vader.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Now Stalin, there was a dictator.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:
Tyyr wrote:A jab at the polarization would have had an actual punchline. Instead this guy says, "One side thinks he's great and the other thinks he's Hitler."
(Cut the chirping to save space)

I dunno. Onion's style of humor is usually less about the punchline, and more about taking a hilarious headline, and then elaborating on the joke. It's often hit or miss, as digging into the exact same joke is really a risky move in comedy.

In that case, it's really the (arguably) humor that, if you do a general survey of the reporting/commenting of BHO in the U.S. media, you end up with that very clear notion that... He's a struggling president during a hard time, and the closest thing possible to Hitler.

Presented as a "matter of fact", including professional-like reporting of the survey, just underline the inherent humor/tragedy of the situation.

But as bad as the situation is (because, I do find said polarisation bad for the US as a whole), laughing about it won't make it worse. Talking more about it might help it out, as both side of the issue just seems determined to believe the other side is brainwashed by their respective medias.
Laughing about it, however, would require a funny joke. Completely aside from the fact that comparing the antipathy that some feel for Obama with the wanton murder of 13 million humans is disgusting, it's just not funny. What exactly is novel or clever about saying, "Some people like Obama, and some people don't?"
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hey, the guy himself called it two years ago. But look what he's been dealing with....

He's been cleaning up "W"s mess for two years, trying to repair internation relations

He's been fighting a Republican congress to institute change, and lest be honest, most of those folks don't wanna change their underwear and are still suspiscious of that new invention....fire.

As stated, he's the first black president of the US (at least thats how he's percieved. He's only half black, but whatever) so is got all those racial morons to contend with

and so on

Sure, he's done some dumb shit like bowing to the chineese leader but comparing him to the midget that ordered the deaths of relatives of mine, is a little..............extreme.

Besides, what actions are they actually comparing to Hitler?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Wow, after reading that worthless OP... I want my time back.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Mark wrote:Besides, what actions are they actually comparing to Hitler?
Ask the Tea Party & other conservative factions and trash radios. Probably has something to do with taking out people's right to not be covered by medical healthcare and taking out people's right to refuse gay in the military, you know, a real Nazi.

Like you, I find it abhorrent to actually diminish the horror that was Hitler's regime as a mere political slander.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:Like you, I find it abhorrent to actually diminish the horror that was Hitler's regime as a mere political slander.
Didn't you post the OP?
as Bull offed Custer