The Customer is NOT always right.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Customer is NOT always right.

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:Unless your manager won't back you up and will throw your ass under the bus to appease the customer then chew your ass out over it.
One thing I never did when managing people in that sort of environment was leave tire tracks on my people's backs. I sometimes overruled them, even toward a customer, but never once did I - or would I - ever say that my person was in the wrong or behaved improperly.

Except once, when I had a kid helping an older couple look for music media. When the couple said they weren't sure if their new car had a cassette deck or CD player, my employee just said (aoud,) "What the f**k!" and walked away. I had to reprimand him on the spot... then shared a coffee and a laugh with him later.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Mikey wrote: "What the f**k!" and walked away. I had to reprimand him on the spot... then shared a coffee and a laugh with him later.
You have to admit he was way out of line. I mean, clueless old people just don't know better about modern music system.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Not only that, but the language was appauling. I'm sorry but if your a customer advisor, your position is to be polite and ADVISE the customer. Throwing the elderly couples anger in their face and then effing and blinding about is disgusting.

However, I'm glad he saw error of ways.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Of course he was wrong. After that, though, he became one of my best employees.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Breaking the horse to become the stallion I guess.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Reliant121 wrote:Not only that, but the language was appauling. I'm sorry but if your a customer advisor, your position is to be polite and ADVISE the customer. Throwing the elderly couples anger in their face and then effing and blinding about is disgusting.
Indeed. If some fuckwit's being a fucking idiot on DITL, then I'll call them a fucking idiot (possibly depending on whether or not Deep beats me to it). Life, by and large, is not DITL.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:Not only that, but the language was appauling. I'm sorry but if your a customer advisor, your position is to be polite and ADVISE the customer. Throwing the elderly couples anger in their face and then effing and blinding about is disgusting.
Indeed. If some fuckwit's being a f***ing idiot on DITL, then I'll call them a f***ing idiot (possibly depending on whether or not Deep beats me to it). Life, by and large, is not DITL.
More's the pity...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Sonic Glitch wrote:More's the pity...
Oh yeah? I very much doubt you'd appreciate a world dominated with characters like me and Deep. Aggressive, intolerant, and frequently downright rude. I certainly wouldn't.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Oh yeah? I very much doubt you'd appreciate a world dominated with characters like me and Deep. Aggressive, intolerant, and frequently downright rude. I certainly wouldn't.
But you two aren't the only ones on the forum.

In fact, 2 out of 500 is a rather fine number.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

stitch626 wrote:In fact, 2 out of 500 is a rather fine number.
2/500 of the members, but 1/10 of the posts, which is a significant chunk.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Fair point.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Ah, the customer. When they're polite, i have no problem helping them out. And admittedly, 99% of the ones I encounter are nice. The other 1%... ho, boy.

Doesn't help the management's fucking spineless concerning them.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

stitch626 wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
But you two aren't the only ones on the forum.

In fact, 2 out of 500 is a rather fine number.
Indeed. You forget, I live in the US so most of our news media is dominated by types like you and Deep. I'm already used to this. 2/500 is better than (or even 2/20 if we want to limit it to the "Active" posters) is better, IMO than what we have now.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You know, the other day one of the girls I work with had a client physically threaten to come up into our office, drag her by the hair out into the parking lot, and knock out her front four teeth. That's pretty specific and graphic. The girl started crying. The manager shrugged it off, not wanting to lose the customer, but the person threatening her was the customer's girlfriend. I suggested he 86 the girlfriend from the premises for the saftey of the girl, be he didn't want to antagonize the client whose bought three cars from us.

End result, the girl put in her two weeks notice.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Can't blame her. Her boss hung her out to dry.