NEED A PIC!

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: NEED A PIC!

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I believe it would be a small essay on how the UN sucks. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Hey, they waste more time jerking each other off before 9:00 than the rest of us do all year. The UN does have some accomplishments.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:Hey, they waste more time jerking each other off before 9:00 than the rest of us do all year. The UN does have some accomplishments.
Yeah, I never get j...

I mean, I agree. If they don't file all those powerless sanctions, who will?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. Think of all the red tape that would just be lying around unused if it were not for the UN!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

We really need to rethink all these "World" level groups we have. NATO, UN, WHO, WTO, OPEC... they all seem to fail at everything so why are we supporting them?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Deepcrush wrote:We really need to rethink all these "World" level groups we have. NATO, UN, WHO, WTO, OPEC... they all seem to fail at everything so why are we supporting them?
Yeah, for some reason nations that have completely different style of governments, totally different social structures, and totally different governmental structures might have different opinions and may not want to compromise...
I really do wonder y they don't work out... :roll:
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hence the rethink part. :poke:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:Hence the rethink part. :poke:
Agreed.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Deepcrush wrote:We really need to rethink all these "World" level groups we have. NATO, UN, WHO, WTO, OPEC... they all seem to fail at everything so why are we supporting them?
Actually, in my mind NATO doesn't seem to be doing so bad. It does appear to have a pair as opposed to the U.N. -- Read my "Scribblings on NATO" in the Writers Forum -- it was my end of year essay for AP European History
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

NATO did a pretty decent job.

The UN is totally useless though. I mean they let Ahmadinejad speak at a human rights conference. They either lack the balls to tell him to fuck off or the brains to. Either way it's not a ringing endorsement of the UN. If they dissolved the UN tomorrow and turned their building into a homeless shelter I think it would be a net gain for the world.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The UN is a joke. The EU is a evil joke.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tyyr wrote:The UN is totally useless though. I mean they let Ahmadinejad speak at a human rights conference. They either lack the balls to tell him to f**k off or the brains to. Either way it's not a ringing endorsement of the UN. If they dissolved the UN tomorrow and turned their building into a homeless shelter I think it would be a net gain for the world.
Isn't Lybia head of the UN's Human Rights division, or whatever?

Teaos wrote:The EU is a evil joke
The EU used to be great. Back when it was the European Economics Commission and dealt purely with trade and such. Now it's a fucking disaster that likes to pretend it's a country.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Rochey wrote:Isn't Lybia head of the UN's Human Rights division, or whatever?
Wouldn't surprise me. Especially since the United Nations Human Rights Council is pretty much just a group to piss on Israel and completely ignore human rights abuses in the rest of the world.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:
Isn't Lybia head of the UN's Human Rights division, or whatever?
The Sudan IIRC.

But honestly, what does one expect from the UN? It's an organization designed to air the views of all the nations on Earth, of course it's not going to accomplish anything constructive.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

You know, they have a thing now that lets anyone communicate their views on any subject at any time to everyone.

It's called the internet.