Stupid tourist complaints

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Stupid tourist complaints

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, that's some quality stupidity right there.

Then again, every summer I can't go into the city centre without being bombarded by American accents, usualy attempting to impress their fellow tourists by commenting on Irish history and culture, and getting everything wrong.
I think it's safe to say that everyone's met at least one dumb tourist in their lives.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Every summer. And the tourists I get are worse than ignorant foreigners - they're ignorant, thoughtless louts from the next state over.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that should be a step up for you Mikey, You are from Jersey after all...lol...jk.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Exactly - if a guy from Jersey complains about the quality of people coming in, you KNOW there's a problem.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:Every summer. And the tourists I get are worse than ignorant foreigners - they're ignorant, thoughtless louts from the next state over.
You'd be amazed how often we think that about visitors from the state to our East. ;-)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I wasn't talking about PA.

Besides, I try not to visit PA that much - I can't figure out how to buy a friggin' beer in that state. You've got beer stores, where you can buy cases, and state liquor stores, where you can buy liquor and wine - but neither are open on a Sunday; of course, you can buy a six-pack at a gas station. :confused:

I was once tagging along with a DCA corps at finals in Bethlehem - we got there on a Friday, and the corps actually drank the hotel bar dry. They couldn't restock until Monday.
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Mikey wrote:Exactly - if a guy from Jersey complains about the quality of people coming in, you KNOW there's a problem.
:lol:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Kind of a reverse............some of my friends who live in Hawaii CONSTANTLY complain about how ignorant tourists are, especially from the US mainland.

HELLO......it's a completely different friggin' culture out here. I've lived here 9 years, and half the time I STILL don't know whats going on. :lol:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

All that cultural weirdness is half the reason I like to travel. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Then one day, you've GOT to come out here. It's like a whole different world.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've always wanted to take my mom; she used to be a pro surfer, and she'd love it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Maybe she could handle the Pipeline on the North Shore. Definetly not for beginners :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I've never surfed (with a board,) and there's little chance that I ever will (although my bro-in-law is marrying a girl who's second home is the original Ron-Jon...) But the attraction of Hawai'i is so much more than the surf or the beaches (gorgeous though some of them are.) Even though the disparity between the celebrities who live above Honolulu and the natives who sometimes live in relative squalor is great, the people are just incredible. There is a tremendous spirit of both general, genuine friendliness and of relaxation and "whatever, bro." I had natives describe Hawai'ian time as "whenever we get there."

The beaches, the food, and the weather were pretty a**-kickin', too.
as Bull offed Custer
USSEnterprise
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by USSEnterprise »

Not fully understanding a culture is one thing, but saying things like that sorta make me ashamed to be a human.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:I've never surfed (with a board,) and there's little chance that I ever will (although my bro-in-law is marrying a girl who's second home is the original Ron-Jon...) But the attraction of Hawai'i is so much more than the surf or the beaches (gorgeous though some of them are.) Even though the disparity between the celebrities who live above Honolulu and the natives who sometimes live in relative squalor is great, the people are just incredible. There is a tremendous spirit of both general, genuine friendliness and of relaxation and "whatever, bro." I had natives describe Hawai'ian time as "whenever we get there."

The beaches, the food, and the weather were pretty a**-kickin', too.

The spirit of Aloha. It's actually a really nice thing.