"WTF" stories

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: "WTF" stories

Post by Teaos »

I ran a service station for awhile and I once got a man come in with his son wanting to return a magazine the kid had brought. It was a mans magazine with pics of woman in panties ect, non nude but obviously for men. There is no rating on it and nothing to overt in it so we sell it to who ever wants it.

The man didnt think we should have sold it to his 9 year old son, i asked him why his son came here to buy it when you have obviously told him not to do such things... guy just stuttered and walked out.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that's funny.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Welcome to the Someone Else's Problem method of parenting.
"My son bought a violent and innapropriate game? That's not my fault, they never should have let me buy it for him!"
Replace "game" with whatever you want. It's always the same response. Yet another reason why people should require a license to reproduce.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That was always my answer: "I'm so sorry, sir/ma'am! Which of my employees did you tell to not let your child purchase this?"

"Er..."

"Thank you, have a ncie day."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Hah! You know things are screwy when the guy with a bunch of grey in his beard gets asked for ID but the kid ahead of him just walked out with Dead Space.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I've seen that happen unfortuneately :roll:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I was at a convenience store they night before last, a little mom and pop place. A kid in front of me (about 16), goes up to the counter with a Hustler magazine, a case of beer, and two packs of cigarettes. I smirked at how brazen he was, until the store clerk just asked him......paper or plastic? :bangwall:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Not sure if the law is the same over there as it is here but, here the only way a store can be fined for selling to under ages is if the government agency reposncible for it tests them with kids working for them. This agency cannot give these kids fake ID's 1) because its illegal 2) you cant expect a store teller to be able to tell a fake ID all the time.

Thus when I was at the service station we served anyone with an ID saying they were 18+ since we knew it wasnt the agency. A 8 year old white kid could have a ID saying he was 50 year old black chick and we'd still sell to him.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Around here, they tend to try and verify the info contained in an ID.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that's still the main way a store can get in trouble over here. One of my friends has a parent in the PD so he got a job one summer being one of those agent kids.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Before I worked at Radio Shack, I worked at a gas station, so we also sold alcohol and tobacco. However, the manager was a smart man, and had black lights installed by the registers to determine fake IDs and currency. It works amazingly well, as long as you look at the photo on the ID. Some of the customers would use someone else's ID, but some of the employees just didn't look at the photo, so as a result, we got fined big time, and the employees had to find other means of employment. Yes, stupidity is alive and well.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well you know...
God must love stupid people...
he sure makes a lot of them
:wink:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

It's so he doesn't raise the bar to much.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.