The Random Thread

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Random Thread

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:The Irish are sneaky bastards.
Spoken like a true Englishman.
Captain Seafort wrote:I bought a box of Guinness, with a free glass included. However this glass, while the same design as your typical Guinness glass, is smaller, so a can fills it to the brim just as a pint fills a proper glass to the rim, hence it gives the impression of having a full pint, when in fact you've only got 3/4 of one. Cheeky buggers.
Well, assuming that the glass came with a case of 12-oz. beers, I don't see the problem. It works perfectly for the cans or bottles with which it came.

If your looking for an addition to your glassware collection, pint glasses are fairly easy to find. ;)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:Well, assuming that the glass came with a case of 12-oz. beers, I don't see the problem.
440ml ones to be precise.
It works perfectly for the cans or bottles with which it came.
So? It may look nice, but it smells of someone trying to pull a fast one.
If your looking for an addition to your glassware collection, pint glasses are fairly easy to find. ;)
Indeed, which why I've already got a couple. :wink: However, the box was going cheap - ten for a tenner from Tessies' :)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:So? It may look nice, but it smells of someone trying to pull a fast one.
It is - aka, a "sales promotion."
Captain Seafort wrote:However, the box was going cheap - ten for a tenner from Tessies'
Well, there you go - you get what you pay for.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I bought a box of Guinness, with a free glass included. However this glass, while the same design as your typical Guinness glass, is smaller, so a can fills it to the brim just as a pint fills a proper glass to the rim, hence it gives the impression of having a full pint, when in fact you've only got 3/4 of one. Cheeky buggers.
Hey, you're English. It just wouldn't be right if we weren't screwing with you in some way.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Sionnach Glic wrote:

I bought a box of Guinness, with a free glass included. However this glass, while the same design as your typical Guinness glass, is smaller, so a can fills it to the brim just as a pint fills a proper glass to the rim, hence it gives the impression of having a full pint, when in fact you've only got 3/4 of one. Cheeky buggers.
Hey, you're English. It just wouldn't be right if we weren't screwing with you in some way.
You can't invade them like you'd like to, so you'll just keep messing with them until their head's explode?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

And that folks is why you get your beer glasses from bars, those fuckers at the brewery rarely give you a proper glass in a 24.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Nickswitz wrote:Haha, for what, oh and BTW, that girl, thinks he looks like a mouse... Whatever that means...
Uhm, this is just a guess mind you, and I don't consider myself any sort of expert on girls, but I think it means: She thinks he looks like a mouse...
He DOES look like a mouse. :lol:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Lighthawk wrote:
Sionnach Glic wrote:

You can't invade them like you'd like to, so you'll just keep messing with them until their head's explode?
Damn right!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Well they can't do it in person so looks like doing it remotly is a sound practice.
Genius insania et conseri manum
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

We'll be getting new Mythbusters episodes starting tomorrow.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool. That's pretty much the only show on the Discovery Channel worth watching any more.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Lazar wrote:We'll be getting new Mythbusters episodes starting tomorrow.
About damn time.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Rumor has it they're going to put Kirk's bamboo cannon to the test.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've heard that they're going to be testing that as well. It'd be great if it worked. :)
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I want a duct tape boat!
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."