Make Your Own Demotivators

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Am I the only one who doesn't think Carter's that attractive? Maybe in real life she would be but come on this is a TV show. She's like a 5/10 in TV land.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I like her. She has a wholesome girl next door look.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I dont find her particularly attractive.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

She gets a whole-hearted "meh" from me.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Teaos wrote:I like her. She has a wholesome girl next door look.
That's the key. She isn't that painted on make-up model look (7/9). No fake parts (TPol). Etc. She always look good (if not great) and she is real.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Meh...i suppose its up to the persons opinion. It doesn help that I lean considerably more on teh gayer side. So I rarely find galls attractive. And Carter is one of those in the certainly not exclusive, Unattractive group.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Reliant121 wrote:Meh...i suppose its up to the persons opinion. It doesn help that I lean considerably more on teh gayer side. So I rarely find galls attractive. And Carter is one of those in the certainly not exclusive, Unattractive group.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" I do not think many people think she is drop dead georgous, but I do not think there are many that would kick her out of bed for eating crackers either.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Honestly, I feel she is too old for me. I'm generally attracted to those my own age (give or take a couple years).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think Carter's that attractive? Maybe in real life she would be but come on this is a TV show. She's like a 5/10 in TV land.
It's just fun to poke at the fanboy's. Is Amanda Tapping attractive? I think so but there was and is a big hype over her on the net. Same with Grace Park and the woman who plays Cally on Neo-BSG.

Someone mentioned age, as I get older I find I am more attracted to women in my bracket (30+), teens hold litle interest for me. When I was a teen I never would have thought a forty year old was good looking.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, I've noticed that myself, Kendall.

And I gotta mention Charlize Theron. No particular reason, I just think she's incredible.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

From everyone's favorite Sci-Fi hackjob.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Age has never been a big problem for me. I can find anyone 40> attractive.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I always wondered why there only seemed to be about six fireteams of Colonial Marines on a ship the size of a skyscraper.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I always wondered why there only seemed to be about six fireteams of Colonial Marines on a ship the size of a skyscraper.
The Sulaco was a rapid response ship, as the colony on LV-426 was small there wasn't any need to send more than two squads to check out what Burke passed off as a downed transmitter.

According to the old USCM's Tech Manual the Sulaco was capable of carrying 90 troops for normal operations and 2,000 in an emergency. Of course we have no real idea how much of the ship was taken up by the drives and other systems.