Funny pics

Re: Funny pics

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Well... it's funny. Random, but funny.
User avatar
RK_Striker_JK_5
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Funny pics

Postby Nutso » Tue May 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Image
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Funny pics

Postby Deepcrush » Tue May 07, 2013 4:31 pm

:laughroll:

That's pure awesome just because of how sad it is.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
User avatar
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Arnold, Maryland, USA

Re: Funny pics

Postby Captain Seafort » Tue May 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Nutso wrote:Image


And besides Cromwell, while he doesn't have a statue, the other "hero" of modern democracy is Simon de Montfort. Who was noted by his contemporaries as being a power-hungry fundamentalist lunatic. Given that this was the mid 13th century, that's quite an achievement.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.

Across the Universe - Chapter 2 now up
User avatar
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 15040
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Funny pics

Postby IanKennedy » Wed May 08, 2013 9:00 am

Deepcrush wrote::laughroll:

That's pure awesome just because of how sad it is.

Yes, things get that way when you have a country that actually has a history longer than than of a may fly. :)
email, ergo spam
User avatar
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Funny pics

Postby Nutso » Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 am

Image
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Funny pics

Postby Deepcrush » Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm

IanKennedy wrote:
Deepcrush wrote::laughroll:

That's pure awesome just because of how sad it is.

Yes, things get that way when you have a country that actually has a history longer than than of a may fly. :)


You get confused and can't tell the difference between right and wrong, good and bad?

Seeing how a lot of our country retains a lot of English heritage, we'll be seeing KKK groups praising Charlie Pride and the DNP cheering for John Wayne. :worried:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
User avatar
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Arnold, Maryland, USA

Re: Funny pics

Postby Vic » Fri May 10, 2013 6:54 am

Deepcrush wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:
Deepcrush wrote::laughroll:

That's pure awesome just because of how sad it is.

Yes, things get that way when you have a country that actually has a history longer than than of a may fly. :)


You get confused and can't tell the difference between right and wrong, good and bad?

Seeing how a lot of our country retains a lot of English heritage, we'll be seeing KKK groups praising Charlie Pride and the DNP cheering for John Wayne. :worried:

GAHHH, everything is upside down! I hate the future......


:laughroll:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Tucson Az

Re: Funny pics

Postby IanKennedy » Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 am

Deepcrush wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:
Deepcrush wrote::laughroll:

That's pure awesome just because of how sad it is.

Yes, things get that way when you have a country that actually has a history longer than than of a may fly. :)


You get confused and can't tell the difference between right and wrong, good and bad?


You have long enough for the definition of such things to change over time. And enough time for may wars, who's results can be both good and bad. Cromwell was a mixed blessing, he was part of the movement that resulted in parliament being independent of the monarchy and thus giving us a stronger democracy. He was a bit of a religious nutter too and say he didn't like the Catholics would be a massive understatement.

Deepcrush wrote:Seeing how a lot of our country retains a lot of English heritage, we'll be seeing KKK groups praising Charlie Pride and the DNP cheering for John Wayne. :worried:

If I knew who Charlie Pride was...
email, ergo spam
User avatar
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Funny pics

Postby Deepcrush » Fri May 10, 2013 11:27 am

IanKennedy wrote:If I knew who Charlie Pride was...


A black country music star from the older days.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
User avatar
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Arnold, Maryland, USA

Re: Funny pics

Postby IanKennedy » Fri May 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Deepcrush wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:If I knew who Charlie Pride was...


A black country music star from the older days.

Ah, OK, don't see how it applies but fair enough. Who/what is DNP and what have they got against a dead cowboy?
email, ergo spam
User avatar
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Funny pics

Postby Deepcrush » Fri May 10, 2013 4:09 pm

IanKennedy wrote:Ah, OK, don't see how it applies but fair enough. Who/what is DNP and what have they got against a dead cowboy?


The KKK is a hate group promoting a white only nation and Charlie Pride is an artist who helped show how thin the color barrier was in the old south. Then there's John Wayne who was a very big supporter of the Bill of Rights.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
User avatar
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Arnold, Maryland, USA

Re: Funny pics

Postby IanKennedy » Sat May 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Deepcrush wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:Ah, OK, don't see how it applies but fair enough. Who/what is DNP and what have they got against a dead cowboy?


The KKK is a hate group promoting a white only nation and Charlie Pride is an artist who helped show how thin the color barrier was in the old south. Then there's John Wayne who was a very big supporter of the Bill of Rights.

Yes, I got that, but... I don't see how it applied the statues and parliament.
email, ergo spam
User avatar
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Funny pics

Postby Deepcrush » Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Because of the Irony of the situations.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
User avatar
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Arnold, Maryland, USA

Re: Funny pics

Postby Nutso » Tue May 14, 2013 12:40 am

Image
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Humour, Trivia and Puzzles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest