The Mandalorian | Official Trailer | Disney+ *Spoilers*

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Mandalorian | Official Trailer | Disney+ *Spoilers*

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:At this point we've seen so many glowy cutty things, I just took it to be a version of a lightsaber he'd built.
Looks like exactly like the Dark Saber in Star Wars Rebels. Rebels is set before ANH. It's a modified lightsaber used by some Mandalorian Jedi long long ago.

I don't think it's coincidence.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well, this is what I meant when I said the fanservice in Mandalorian is well done. I have no idea what Star Wars Rebels is, never heard of it, never heard of the Dark Saber... but whilst I'm sure people who did got a kick out of it, it's shot in such a way that it works perfectly fine as 'a thing that is there' rather than fanservice.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Well, this is what I meant when I said the fanservice in Mandalorian is well done. I have no idea what Star Wars Rebels is, never heard of it, never heard of the Dark Saber... but whilst I'm sure people who did got a kick out of it, it's shot in such a way that it works perfectly fine as 'a thing that is there' rather than fanservice.
Have I therefore spoiled the show for you by telling you what that weapon is?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Well, this is what I meant when I said the fanservice in Mandalorian is well done. I have no idea what Star Wars Rebels is, never heard of it, never heard of the Dark Saber... but whilst I'm sure people who did got a kick out of it, it's shot in such a way that it works perfectly fine as 'a thing that is there' rather than fanservice.
Rebels is like Clone Wars. CGI animated 20 minute episodes on Cartoon Network. It had a little but of adult themes in it over Clone Wars.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:
Have I therefore spoiled the show for you by telling you what that weapon is?
I guess, but I don’t care.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Have thoroughly enjoyed this show! An excellent take on the old movie serials mixed with classic westerns all tossed into the realm of Star Wars. I see that season 2 will arrive in the autumn of 2020, and deservedly so! If this is what the all powerful Mouse meant by focusing on streaming for the upcoming Star Wars universe, I'm perfectly fine with it...here take an extra slab of aged gouda (said with a quiet 'yo ho ho' as the jolly roger ripples in the breeze...wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean).
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Now we can hope that the Obi Wan movie turns out to be good...
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I think Obi Wan is a series, probably short run like Mandalorian
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

T'Pau wrote:I think Obi Wan is a series, probably short run like Mandalorian
Ugh, I meant series. Pesky fingers.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

My partner in crime has begun to ask, at various times of the day and night: 'Do the magic hand thing'..and I pull my index,middle and ring fingers together so I appear to be tridactyl like baby Yoda, and wave back. Much hilarity ensues afterward. It simply doesn't get old!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T'Pau wrote:My partner in crime has begun to ask, at various times of the day and night: 'Do the magic hand thing'..and I pull my index,middle and ring fingers together so I appear to be tridactyl like baby Yoda, and wave back. Much hilarity ensues afterward. It simply doesn't get old!
I did that to my baby niece.

'Baby do the magic hand wave'. And so she does. Doesn't count because she will wave no matter what.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Your gif is mine!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »