Everything Tactically Wrong with the Last Crap Movie

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Everything Tactically Wrong with the Last Crap Movie

Post by Monroe »

I thought this was a pretty good video of the break down of military decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLqLQvTbo-Y

I think that's one reason the movie bugged me so much, just so much of it made no sense from the military perspective.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Everything Tactically Wrong with the Last Crap Movie

Post by Graham Kennedy »

One of the things I found really odd was that the First Order has apparently overrun the Republic in The Last Jedi.

Yet we see the scene with Luke taking the lightsaber and throwing it away. Which mean The Last Jedi carries on from literally minutes after the end of The Force Awakens.

So that means the First Order overran the Republic literally in a matter of a few hours...? Basically as long as it took Rey to fly to Luke's island.

Which is weird.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Graham Kennedy wrote:One of the things I found really odd was that the First Order has apparently overrun the Republic in The Last Jedi.

Yet we see the scene with Luke taking the lightsaber and throwing it away. Which mean The Last Jedi carries on from literally minutes after the end of The Force Awakens.

So that means the First Order overran the Republic literally in a matter of a few hours...? Basically as long as it took Rey to fly to Luke's island.

Which is weird.
The First Order effectively won the war with a single shot - the destruction of the Hosnian system along with, apparently, the entire New Republic Starfleet. Why exactly the entire fleet would be concentrated in the system is anyone's guess, but that's what was stated without contradiction at the resistance commanders' meeting in TFA. With the NR fleet gone they would have complete freedom of operation, and actually taking possession of the galaxy would be a simple matter of troop movements.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:One of the things I found really odd was that the First Order has apparently overrun the Republic in The Last Jedi.

Which is weird.
The First Order effectively won the war with a single shot - the destruction of the Hosnian system along with, apparently, the entire New Republic Starfleet. Why exactly the entire fleet would be concentrated in the system is anyone's guess,
Well the obvious answer is that it wouldn't be.
but that's what was stated without contradiction at the resistance commanders' meeting in TFA.
Huh? I don't remember anybody saying anything like that. I just looked at the script and don't see anything like that there, either.
With the NR fleet gone they would have complete freedom of operation, and actually taking possession of the galaxy would be a simple matter of troop movements.
Occupy the entire galaxy in as much time as it took the fastest ship around to move from one section of the galaxy to another? Yeah, I don't think so.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Seafort wrote:

Which is weird.
The First Order effectively won the war with a single shot - the destruction of the Hosnian system along with, apparently, the entire New Republic Starfleet. Why exactly the entire fleet would be concentrated in the system is anyone's guess, but that's what was stated without contradiction at the resistance commanders' meeting in TFA. With the NR fleet gone they would have complete freedom of operation, and actually taking possession of the galaxy would be a simple matter of troop movements.
Oh. I read, which I now guess was fan speculation, that the New Republic never had a fleet. It was something about how Palpatine's rise occurred because he had a fleet to command, so the NR decided to have no fleet. I thought this was stupid but, it's Star Wars. Glad to know this isn't true.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park