Flying lines of text

Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Flying lines of text

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

This is the one of the strangest elements of the Star Wars universe, yet it has gotten no serious attention from the geek community. Just imagine Han piloting the Falcon through some part of the SW Galaxy when he encounters three short paragraphs or so scrolling past. Where do they come from and where do they lead? Is it some manifestation of the mysterious way the Force guides the evolution of the Universe?

Furthermore, I seem to have confused New Years with April Fools. Now it will be clear why I'll set off fireworks on April 1st.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Flying lines of text

Post by LaughingCheese »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:This is the one of the strangest elements of the Star Wars universe, yet it has gotten no serious attention from the geek community. Just imagine Han piloting the Falcon through some part of the SW Galaxy when he encounters three short paragraphs or so scrolling past. Where do they come from and where do they lead? Is it some manifestation of the mysterious way the Force guides the evolution of the Universe?
It's an editing effect, designed to give brief exposition. There, problem solved! :P

Can you elaborate on why you believe its a physical effect in universe ?
Furthermore, I seem to have confused New Years with April Fools. Now it will be clear why I'll set off fireworks on April 1st.
lol
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flying lines of text

Post by Graham Kennedy »

You mean, it should go something like this?

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...