Aftermath: Star Wars: Journey to The Force Awakens

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Aftermath: Star Wars: Journey to The Force Awakens

Post by Nutso »

http://www.amazon.com/Aftermath-Star-Jo ... &%20%20sr=
Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The second Death Star has been destroyed, the Emperor killed, and Darth Vader struck down. Devastating blows against the Empire, and major victories for the Rebel Alliance. But the battle for freedom is far from over.

As the Empire reels from its critical defeats at the Battle of Endor, the Rebel Alliance—now a fledgling New Republic—presses its advantage by hunting down the enemy’s scattered forces before they can regroup and retaliate. But above the remote planet Akiva, an ominous show of the enemy’s strength is unfolding. Out on a lone reconnaissance mission, pilot Wedge Antilles watches Imperial Star Destroyers gather like birds of prey circling for a kill, but he’s taken captive before he can report back to the New Republic leaders.

Meanwhile, on the planet’s surface, former rebel fighter Norra Wexley has returned to her native world—war weary, ready to reunite with her estranged son, and eager to build a new life in some distant place. But when Norra intercepts Wedge Antilles’s urgent distress call, she realizes her time as a freedom fighter is not yet over. What she doesn’t know is just how close the enemy is—or how decisive and dangerous her new mission will be.

Determined to preserve the Empire’s power, the surviving Imperial elite are converging on Akiva for a top-secret emergency summit—to consolidate their forces and rally for a counterstrike. But they haven’t reckoned on Norra and her newfound allies—her technical-genius son, a Zabrak bounty hunter, and a reprobate Imperial defector—who are prepared to do whatever they must to end the Empire’s oppressive reign once and for all.
This is it for the EU. No going back now. New EU begins.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Aftermath: Star Wars: Journey to The Force Awakens

Post by Teaos »

So is everything going to be in the new universe.

Or will we have two universes.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Teaos wrote:So is everything going to be in the new universe.

Or will we have two universes.
Last I had heard the old stuff is unofficial, the new stuff and The Clone Wars cartoon is official, the prequels are official, the movies are official. Disney had formed a committee to clean up the Star Wars Expanded Universe but, in the end the Committee said, "Nerf everything!" and here we are. Probably got paid a six figure salary to come up with that solution. So right now, everything but the Clone Wars cartoon is out. Some fans were holding out hope that the stuff like Golden Age of the Sith, anything from 1000 years past and older in universe, was to be left alone but, I don't think that's happening. So official canon is Clone Wars cartoon, Prequels, Originals, and Sequels and other projects yet to be licensed. Don't know if this includes The Battle for Endor.

There was some talk about continuing the older EU in books, whereby creating two universes but, I haven't followed these developments for a long time.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

They can pry the YJK and Thrawn trilogy from my fingers... never.