'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff in the Works

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff in the Works

Post by Nutso »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... off-807153
'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff in the Works With 'Lego Movie' Directors (Exclusive)
Now, in a paraphrasing of Darth Vader’s immortal words, a circle is about to be complete.

Miller and his partner Phil Lord, the duo behind The Lego Movie and the hit Jump Street films, are tackling one of the Star Wars anthology projects as their next directing vehicle, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The filmmaker team, who write, direct and produce, are stepping up to helm a movie that will focus on a young Han Solo, according to sources.

Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan are writing the script with the project, now set for a May 25, 2018, release.

The new film is not the same as the one that was to have been directed by Josh Trank. Trank parted ways with the project in May amid a cloud of issues stemming from his Fantastic Four shoot. That film, rumored to be an origin story of the intergalactic bounty hunter Boba Fett, is still searching for a director.

Disney and Lucasfilm had no comment.

Unclear is how their commitment to the Han Solo origin story will impact Lord and Miller’s schedule. The duo became a hot property following their witty take on the buddy cop genre with 21 Jump Street, and hotter still with 2014’s Lego Movie, which included a spectrum of geek icons from Batman to Star Wars.

They were to develop a Flash feature for Warners as a directing vehicle, but now that is likely off the table. As is a third Jump Street movie. However, they could stay on as writers or producers on those projects.

They were also developing an animated Spider-Man project for Sony, writing a treatment and producing, but since they were not intending to direct it, that could be less impacted.

The pair also would remain involved in the Lego franchise they helped launch.

July 7, 1:21 p.m. Updated with release date and screenwriter information.
Shia LaBeouf as Han Solo?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: 'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff in the Works

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... off-807153
'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff in the Works With 'Lego Movie' Directors (Exclusive)
Now, in a paraphrasing of Darth Vader’s immortal words, a circle is about to be complete.

Miller and his partner Phil Lord, the duo behind The Lego Movie and the hit Jump Street films, are tackling one of the Star Wars anthology projects as their next directing vehicle, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The filmmaker team, who write, direct and produce, are stepping up to helm a movie that will focus on a young Han Solo, according to sources.

Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan are writing the script with the project, now set for a May 25, 2018, release.

The new film is not the same as the one that was to have been directed by Josh Trank. Trank parted ways with the project in May amid a cloud of issues stemming from his Fantastic Four shoot. That film, rumored to be an origin story of the intergalactic bounty hunter Boba Fett, is still searching for a director.

Disney and Lucasfilm had no comment.

Unclear is how their commitment to the Han Solo origin story will impact Lord and Miller’s schedule. The duo became a hot property following their witty take on the buddy cop genre with 21 Jump Street, and hotter still with 2014’s Lego Movie, which included a spectrum of geek icons from Batman to Star Wars.

They were to develop a Flash feature for Warners as a directing vehicle, but now that is likely off the table. As is a third Jump Street movie. However, they could stay on as writers or producers on those projects.

They were also developing an animated Spider-Man project for Sony, writing a treatment and producing, but since they were not intending to direct it, that could be less impacted.

The pair also would remain involved in the Lego franchise they helped launch.

July 7, 1:21 p.m. Updated with release date and screenwriter information.
Shia LaBeouf as Han Solo?
I didn't mind Shia as Indiana's son... but no on him being young Han Solo!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Chris Pine as the young Han Solo... he could wed the two great Sci-Fi franchises together! Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans, standing shoulder to shoulder in their fandom! :D
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Chris Pine as the young Han Solo... he could wed the two great Sci-Fi franchises together! Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans, standing shoulder to shoulder in their fandom! :D
If everything were perfect... it wouldn't be.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Actually I could see Chris Pratt doing a good job in the role. He has that kind of irreverence thing going for him that would work well on young Solo.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Actually I could see Chris Pratt doing a good job in the role. He has that kind of irreverence thing going for him that would work well on young Solo.
Agreed. I hate to typecast the young man, but if it ain't broke...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:Actually I could see Chris Pratt doing a good job in the role. He has that kind of irreverence thing going for him that would work well on young Solo.
Agreed. I hate to typecast the young man, but if it ain't broke...
Thirded. And there are worse archetypes to be typecast as than a brash, roguish hero.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm disappointed. I was hoping these movies were going to be more on secondary characters, not the main cast.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.