Harrison Ford in Plane Crash

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Harrison Ford in Plane Crash

Post by Nutso »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/har ... sh-n318301

Harrison Ford Reported Fair After Plane Crash
Actor Harrison Ford was injured Thursday when a vintage World War II training plane he was piloting crash landed on a California golf course.

The 72-year-old actor, who was conscious and breathing when rescue crews reached him, was stabilized and taken to a hospital, where he was in fair to moderate condition, authorities said. Sources said he sustained cuts to his head. There was no word on other injuries or what caused the plane to crash about 2:20 p.m. (5:20 p.m. ET). It appeared he was flying solo.

"We are very thankful that the passenger had [only] very moderate injuries," Los Angeles Assistant Fire Chief Patrick Butler said.

The plane clipped some tree branches and crashed on the golf course shortly after takeoff from Santa Monica Airport, Butler said. An eyewitness, Howard Teba, an employee at Penmar Golf Course, said he put a blanket under Ford's hip.

"There was blood all over his face," Teba said. "Two very fine doctors were treating him, taking good care of him."

Mike Bonin, a Los Angeles City Council member, agreed, telling NBC Los Angeles: "Thank God that this incident happened on a golf course where there is a relatively open space."

Bonis has lobbied to close the airport as being inadequate. "This airport is remarkably close to residential areas and flight schools, which is very concerning," he said.

An avid flyer of both planes and helicopters, Ford was in a bad crash of a Bell chopper in 1999 Santa Clara, California. In 2008, he told National Geographic, "Well, there was a mechanical failure while we were practicing power recovery autorotations. It was more or less a hard landing. Luckily, I was with another aviation professional and neither of us was hurt — and both of us are still flying."

The National Transportation Safety Board said it was sending an investigator.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Harrison Ford in Plane Crash

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I've heard it's not too bad. Still hoping and praying it doesn't turn into anything bad. :(
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Two I have heard today. Larry Donnell a New York Giants player was in a plane crash today. His plane skidded into a fence.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

He was originally reported by some sources as in critical condition, but fair to moderate seems to be the prevailing story now. This is what happens when a pilot tries to use a measure of distance as a descriptor of velocity. ;)

McAvoy - really? Hope he's OK, we'll have no tight ends.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

This is Harrison Ford. Never tell him the odds!
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:He was originally reported by some sources as in critical condition, but fair to moderate seems to be the prevailing story now. This is what happens when a pilot tries to use a measure of distance as a descriptor of velocity. ;)

No one was hurt with the Donnell crash. I don't know if they were taking off or landing but whoever it was, was an idiot. You can see in the pictures a thick layer of snow on the runway.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:
Mikey wrote:He was originally reported by some sources as in critical condition, but fair to moderate seems to be the prevailing story now. This is what happens when a pilot tries to use a measure of distance as a descriptor of velocity. ;)

No one was hurt with the Donnell crash. I don't know if they were taking off or landing but whoever it was, was an idiot. You can see in the pictures a thick layer of snow on the runway.
The plane was landing. A plane had landed before them and the pilot of that flight reported that runway as safe.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I've heard Ford is all right. As Mikey said, he was trying to make the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs again. :)