Marvel’s “Darth Vader” #1 Surpasses 300k in Pre-Orders

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Marvel’s “Darth Vader” #1 Surpasses 300k in Pre-Orders

Post by Nutso »

http://webandtechs.com/2015/01/marvels- ... re-orders/
Marvel Comics revealed that Darth Vader #1 has already welcomed more than 300K pre-orders, reports Comicbook dot com. Star Wars #1, which was released by Marvel Comics earlier this month, is already 2015’s top selling comic and the best selling comic in the last 20 years, having sold over 1 million copies before its release.

Darth Vader #1 will be the first solo series for one of the most infamous super-villains of the 20th Century. It’s written by British comic-book author, Kieron Gillen. Mr. Gillen collaborated in writing other Marvel titles like Uncanny X-Men, Thor, and Iron Man. The issue is drawn by Spaniard Salvado Larroca, who worked Marvel titles like, X-Men and Iron Man. Mr. Gillen welcomed the idea of working with Mr. Larocca because of his proficiency in drawing machine structured characters, like Iron Man.

Darth Vader #1 and #2 is set to release in February 2015 narrating Vader’s story after the Battle of Yavin where the Death Star was destroyed as portrayed in the movie Star Wars IV: A New Hope. Ironically, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back was the first movie Mr. Gillen ever saw, and he will conclude Vader’s comic book story at the start of The Empire Strikes Back.

“It’s a big story too. It’s not just that I want to write Darth Vader. It’s that I get to write this story of Darth Vader and it’s all in canon,” Mr. Gillen told ComicBookResources. “As far as Lucasfilm is concerned, this is what happened.”
Wow. Star Wars is really popular.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel’s “Darth Vader” #1 Surpasses 300k in Pre-Orders

Post by McAvoy »

Water is wet.

Fire is hot.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

That is still a huge number for a medium that isnt as universal as books. I personally hate comics.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

“As far as Lucasfilm is concerned, this is what happened.”
Until Lucas decides to make another film, or just re-re-re-re-release Empire with changes that completely ignore all officially approved and licensed previous material. Ooppp... no... wait...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

For comics, that's a huge number.