George Lucas Says Disney Didn't Use His Ideas for New Movies

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

George Lucas Says Disney Didn't Use His Ideas for New Movies

Post by Nutso »

http://www.christianpost.com/news/georg ... lm-133013/
In a recent interview with George Lucas, it was revealed that the iconic film maker and creator of the "Star Wars" movies had originally planned to make "Star Wars: Episode 7" before he sold his company Lucasfilm to Disney for $4 billion back in 2012.

When the director handed over his franchise, he also gave the studio his plotline for the film. But as it turns out, Disney and J.J. Abrams didn't use any of the 70-year old's ideas for the new installment.

"The ones that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn't really want to do those. So they made up their own. So it's not the ones that I originally wrote [on screen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens]," he told Cinemablend.

Lucas created the epic "Star Wars" movies that have earned $2 billion since the first installment in the series premiered in 1977. In another interview, Lucas said that he initially wanted to direct "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," which is set to kick off the third trilogy in the sci-fi franchise.

One of the reasons why he decided not to direct the film was because he wanted to spend more time with his 17-month old daughter, Everest, and his wife, Mellody Hobson, who is the chairman of the board of directors of Dreamworks Animation.

"The time is more important to me than the money," said Lucas to USA Today. "It's better for me to get out at the beginning of a new thing and I can just remove myself."

"By the time she's five, she'll have her own career going and being in school and talking about her friends and her homework," he explained. "The fun, goofy time will fall into place in reality, as opposed to right now, when she doesn't have much to do but hang out with her father."

Meanwhile, Lucas recently told Page Six that he just saw the trailer for the new "Star Wars" film.

"I saw the trailer," said Lucas. "I saw it in a theater because I don't watch movies online."

"Yeah, it was intriguing," he added.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: George Lucas Says Disney Didn't Use His Ideas for New Mo

Post by Jim »

They didn't use his ideas because instead of taking a good thing and messing it up, they want to take a good thing and make it better.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Huh, so George got a wife 34 years his junior and has a little kid?

Anyway I doubt many fans are going to be disappointed. Mostly it seems like the best thing he did was realize that Episode 4 was where the magic was. Things have increasingly gone downhill since.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Good on him for spending time with his family over work.... the 4 billion must have been nice as well.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'd spend plenty of time with my fam if I got a payday like that too.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer