New chapters?

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New chapters?

Post by Meste17 »

Okay, I know that Star Wars has MAINLY been about the adventures of Luke Skywalker AND his father Anakin, but does ANYBODY think that an early set of chapters, set during the formation of the Jedi AND the Republic would be possible? We HAVE seen an example being the new series Star Wars Rebels CURRENTLY on tv now.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: New chapters?

Post by Jim »

I could see them really pimping out the history. Movies about when the Sith were originally in power and when the Republic first formed could be rather cool.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Jim wrote:I could see them really pimping out the history. Movies about when the Sith were originally in power and when the Republic first formed could be rather cool.
Right? I even have an idea for one of the first Jedi in the newly formed Republic: Jedi Masters Mices Refor and EstMi Rufor, the first Jedi Masters who serve the Republic.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Meste17 wrote:Okay, I know that Star Wars has MAINLY been about the adventures of Luke Skywalker AND his father Anakin, but does ANYBODY think that an early set of chapters, set during the formation of the Jedi AND the Republic would be possible? We HAVE seen an example being the new series Star Wars Rebels CURRENTLY on tv now.
There was talk from Disney that they would do single movies like a Yoda movie, a Lando movie, a Han movie, in-between the new saga movies.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Nutso wrote:
Meste17 wrote:Okay, I know that Star Wars has MAINLY been about the adventures of Luke Skywalker AND his father Anakin, but does ANYBODY think that an early set of chapters, set during the formation of the Jedi AND the Republic would be possible? We HAVE seen an example being the new series Star Wars Rebels CURRENTLY on tv now.
There was talk from Disney that they would do single movies like a Yoda movie, a Lando movie, a Han movie, in-between the new saga movies.
That's what I heard too. Even about a movie sort of like a Jedi Samurai one. :bangwall: Maybe we can do a sort of prequel prequel, about the formation of the Jedi and the formation of the Republic.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Meste17 wrote:
Nutso wrote:
That's what I heard too. Even about a movie sort of like a Jedi Samurai one. :bangwall: Maybe we can do a sort of prequel prequel, about the formation of the Jedi and the formation of the Republic.
That's kind of risky for the movie studios (Disney). The reason they singled out Yoda, Lando and Han is because the movie going audience is familiar with those characters, some for over 30 years. Star Wars rebels and The Clone Wars are based around familiar characters or events. A television or movie vehicle around the formation of the Jedi, or the formation of the Republic would be too risky for Disney to make. The history of a fictional universe are for die hard fans, the fans who know about Exar Kun, Darth Bane, Revan, Empress Theta, Cade Skywalker, Jaina and Jacen, Kyp Durron, etc. The money is in the casual movie goer and so the marketing must appeal to those guys first. The prequels were marketed as, "Hey! Find out about the boy who became Darth Vader."

Most of the Expanded Universe was relegated to books, which are relatively inexpensive to make compared to the cost of a movie or television show. There was a comic book series about the creation of the Jedi called, "Dawn of The Jedi."
Stan - South Park
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

True, but Star Trek didn't think THAT through neither. That is why their prequel series, Enterprise, fell through the cracks so to speak.

What I am thinking of is doing exactly that: Appealing to those who read about the comics and books and, UNLIKE the sequel trilogy, actually GOING BY the comics instead of saying, "Hey that didn't really happen. HERE is what happened." I am talking about doing what Star Trek did: make a prequel about the formation of the government we all know (for Star Trek fans like me, that was the United Federation of Planets. For Star Wars fans, also like me, it is the Galactic Republic and the Sith/Jedi that formed with them) and how events played INTO that in the first place.

What I am proposing is the formation of the Jedi Order, or Je'daii Order as it was called then, the formation of the Galactic Republic, and the joining of the two together. Much like how Star Trek did Enterprise, ONLY BETTER. We all know that Yoda was also 900 years old by the time of Return of the Jedi. Maybe we can see his grandfather or great grandfather or maybe even an ancestor.

Also, going on the sequel trilogy, we have noticed ONLY that there are no Skywalker children, even 30 years afterward. If this WAS going to be Star Wars, as they claim it is going to be, where are they? Do they NOT make an appearance? If this is the case, then maybe we can do this prequel story idea. Maybe even go into the Mandalorian years even.

I am simply saying I try to look at the bright side: It MIGHT be possible, IF you agree. Maybe do some story ideas about the first Jedi. Or the first Sith.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Its possible that one of the three stand alone movies will be about the early republic, btu I agree with McAvoy that it is more likely to be about characters we know already like Yoda ect. Putting it in a totally different time will alienate people who go expecting to see Skywalkers and Solos.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Its possible that one of the three stand alone movies will be about the early republic, btu I agree with McAvoy that it is more likely to be about characters we know already like Yoda ect. Putting it in a totally different time will alienate people who go expecting to see Skywalkers and Solos.
Wrong person. That was Nutso. But thanks for me being in your thoughts. :wink:
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:
Teaos wrote:Its possible that one of the three stand alone movies will be about the early republic, btu I agree with McAvoy that it is more likely to be about characters we know already like Yoda ect. Putting it in a totally different time will alienate people who go expecting to see Skywalkers and Solos.
Wrong person. That was Nutso. But thanks for me being in your thoughts. :wink:
I cried on the inside.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/19/ ... ual,manual

Maybe something like this article is what you're looking for, Meste?
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Good point McAvoy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Nutso wrote:http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/19/ ... ual,manual

Maybe something like this article is what you're looking for, Meste?
Yes! Exactly Nutso!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Good point McAvoy.
Took very little thought and effort too
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"