2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

10 Sci-Fi Authors Write Their Own Star Wars VII

Post by Nutso »

Popular Mechanics asked them to.

For example:
Karl Schroeder
Latest Book: Lockstep (Tor)

"Episode VII should be called Star Wars: Revolt of the Droids, and be about a slave rebellion by the droids who, after all, appear to be conscious beings but have no rights in either the Republic or the Empire. In this retelling of Spartacus, a battle droid begins removing the restraining bolts from other droids after his own is shot off, and together they form a vast force.

"They are destroyed by New Republic forces in the end, because of internal divisions between those droids that wish to escape from the galaxy and form their own civilization elsewhere, and those who believe that their mission is to free all enslaved sentients in the galaxy. In the course of the rebellion, the existing human and alien characters from the previous movies have to make a moral choice, and since those who were previously the heroes were also unashamed slave-owners, they (meaning Luke, Leia, and Han) side with the New Republic to put down the revolt, while Han and Leia's children side with the droids and end up killed in the end."
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 10 Sci-Fi Authors Write Their Own Star Wars VII

Post by Graham Kennedy »

That's a good idea for a story, but not for a Star Wars story IMO.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Isnt that the plot of I Robot?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Robot revolution is one of the earliest plots in all sci fi. In fact I believe the very first story with robots in it was about that.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Robot derives from the Slavic word for Slave... so yeah.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.