Possible answer to the timeline?

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Possible answer to the timeline?

Post by Meste17 »

I THINK I might have JUST solved the Star Wars question: "Is Star Wars in the past or in the future?"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Possible answer to the timeline?

Post by Teaos »

Doesnt it say a long time ago? And since its far away it's even longer ago as far as we are concerned?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:Doesnt it say a long time ago? And since its far away it's even longer ago as far as we are concerned?

Actually, what do you think of my theory that Star Wars would take place approximately 700,000,000 million years ago?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It could, it could happen almost anytime between now and when G class stars and M class planets started forming. Around 3.5 billion years after the big bang or 10 billion years ago.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Did I miss the actual theory itself? The first post just says that you think you just solved it, then later you ask about what he thinks of your theory... where is the theory and its support?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Meste17 wrote:Actually, what do you think of my theory that Star Wars would take place approximately 700,000,000 million years ago?
The length if time you have stated is trillion years. The universe was formed approximately 13.8 billion (13,800,000,000) years ago. Did you mean 700 million?

Also what's your theory? How might you have solved it?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
Meste17 wrote:Actually, what do you think of my theory that Star Wars would take place approximately 700,000,000 million years ago?
The length if time you have stated is trillion years. The universe was formed approximately 13.8 billion (13,800,000,000) years ago. Did you mean 700 million?

Also what's your theory? How might you have solved it?
Omg yes! *embarrassed and turns red* that's EXACTLY what I mean yes! 700 million OR 700,000,000 years ago.

That's my theory, and it goes kind of lengthy, but I did some research after looking at the Star Wars timeline on Wookiepedia, which according to that, started 13,700,000,000 BBY (or Before the Battle of Yavin), and if we accept that our universe AND theirs started with a big bang around the same time (due to most universes starting with the big bang), and I think I read somewhere that our universe was formed 13,000,000,000 years ago. Add to that that if we go the same amount of time down the time line, and if we keep constant....well, here is what I am saying:

important event Star Trek timeline Star Wars timeline
universe formed 13,000,000,000 BC 13,700,000,000 BBY
some important event 700,025,053 BC 25,053 BBY

Granted this is a general model for the timeline comparisons, but I hope you DO see my point.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Wookiepedia isnt canon and the umber they give is just a straight out extrapolation from the date of our big bang and to my knowledge is not referenced anywhere in canon or in the EU. I think some fan just added that for completeness of the time line.

Also time and age is relative depending on speed. Everything did form in the big bang, but due to time slowing down the faster you get to the speed of light not all things have aged the same.

Also the are still pinning down the exact date of the big bang.

DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Teaos wrote:Wookiepedia isnt canon and the umber they give is just a straight out extrapolation from the date of our big bang and to my knowledge is not referenced anywhere in canon or in the EU. I think some fan just added that for completeness of the time line.

Also time and age is relative depending on speed. Everything did form in the big bang, but due to time slowing down the faster you get to the speed of light not all things have aged the same.

Wookipedia isn't canon but Star Wars.com link to Wookipedia for more details as the Databank had been deleted for something less complete but prettier called Encyclopedia.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

DarkMoineau wrote:
Teaos wrote:Wookiepedia isnt canon and the umber they give is just a straight out extrapolation from the date of our big bang and to my knowledge is not referenced anywhere in canon or in the EU. I think some fan just added that for completeness of the time line.

Wookipedia isn't canon but Star Wars.com link to Wookipedia for more details as the Databank had been deleted for something less complete but prettier called Encyclopedia.
I wouldve thought that Wookiepedia was canon. It DOES have canon info on the 6 (now 7, soon to be 8) Star Wars movies. -confused-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Wookidpedia us a wiki and thus not reliable. It has info from the entire EU, a lot of which is just stupid.

Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Meste17 wrote:I wouldve thought that Wookiepedia was canon. It DOES have canon info on the 6 (now 7, soon to be 8) Star Wars movies. -confused-
Memory Beta also has canon Star Trek info on it, but it also has a large amount of non-canon from the books, etc.
Having canon information there doesn't make the whole site canon :-)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
Meste17 wrote:I wouldve thought that Wookiepedia was canon. It DOES have canon info on the 6 (now 7, soon to be 8) Star Wars movies. -confused-
Memory Beta also has canon Star Trek info on it, but it also has a large amount of non-canon from the books, etc.
Having canon information there doesn't make the whole site canon :-)
Good point. :)