Order

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Order

Post by Teaos »

What percentage of Jedi turned dark? And of that small percent how many of those can be traced back to issues stemming from being taken away at a young age?

I think this is a case of if it aint broke dont fix it. You'll never have 100% sucess rate, and the high sucess rate of the Jedi points to it being the best system.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The problem is that when the Jedi have a mistake, its a "we just started a war that cost hundreds of billions of lives" mistake. Rather then maybe two or three Jedi die fighting each other cause one went bad. Considering the first Jedi civil war and second Jedi civil war with the later sith wars and republic civil war... All of which started because of the Jedi, I personally would be more willing to accept more common troubles that are minor then the "end of the republic" rare ones that come up every hundred years or so.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Would not of those problems have happened if the Jedi didnt exist at all? Or even be worse? And who's to say how many hundred of other wars the Jedi did stop.

If it wasnt for the new Jedi the Vong would have killed every single thing in the Galaxy.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

How many need to turn to the Dark Side before someone says, "We have an issue?"

I'm not talking about a band-aid for the Jedi, I'm speaking to the OP about how a new order should be set up. Additionally, I'm not talking about training Force-sensitive children on control of their abilities alongside other kids; I'm talking about in-home training by members of the order.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

How many need to turn to the Dark Side before someone says, "We have an issue?"
When the percent is so small that any change would almost inevitably be for the worse.

I have no problem trying to build a new order, but I just dont think you can deviate to much from what the Jedi do with out dooming yourself.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I have yet to see anyone offer any evidence - or even idea - as to how the change would be for the worse.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

That if you have a 99% sucess rate trying to improve on it is almost doomed to failure by the effort.

By leaving the Kids with the parents and family they build strong emotional bonds which can tempt them to the darkside. The EXACT problem Anakin had! The guy that destroyed the Jedi.

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:Would not of those problems have happened if the Jedi didnt exist at all? Or even be worse? And who's to say how many hundred of other wars the Jedi did stop.

If it wasnt for the new Jedi the Vong would have killed every single thing in the Galaxy.
No one said to remove the Jedi, we've been talking about just a restructure of the system in use to make the problems that come up more minor ones.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

In that case the only thing I can think of is some form of internal affairs seperate from the council that has ultimate power to remove and destroy undesirables... but again I think that is prone to corruption.

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Why would they have to have the ultimate power for anything when that can be left to the Jedi Council as always. Instead simply be charged with investigation duties for within the Jedi Order.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Becuas the council has obviously been proved to be flawed. So give another small group limited but high power on this issue.

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

People will always be flawed, so trying to remove the flaws is pointless. The key to an enforcement group such as the Jedi is to limit or focus the areas of flaws in such a way that is more manageable.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:That if you have a 99% sucess rate trying to improve on it is almost doomed to failure by the effort.

By leaving the Kids with the parents and family they build strong emotional bonds which can tempt them to the darkside. The EXACT problem Anakin had! The guy that destroyed the Jedi.
Anakin's problems stemmed from his separation from his mother, not from the fact that he had one.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Had they have done the simple thing and just go back to rescue his mother the following week life would have worked a lot easier.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Had they have done the simple thing and just go back to rescue his mother the following week life would have worked a lot easier.
Ah, but that would have violated the Jedi code of being holier-than-thou hypocritical asses.
as Bull offed Custer