Order

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Order

Post by stitch626 »

Teaos wrote:What percentage of Jedi turned dark? And of that small percent how many of those can be traced back to issues stemming from being taken away at a young age?
According to records (in one of the books that talks about the force and characters, can't remember specifically), about 50% of Jedi have gone dark at some point, with over a third remaining dark/becoming Sith. That's not a small percentage.

Heck, the only reason there weren't so many DS users around is they would kill each other/plot.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Well in the movies we never see many dark jedi, only Dooku and Anakin out of hundreds. I dont know enought about the EU to comment.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Teaos wrote:Well in the movies we never see many dark jedi, only Dooku and Anakin out of hundreds. I dont know enought about the EU to comment.
The movies are a minuscule percentage of SW history.

Unfortunately...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

From what little I know the EU is all over the place in terms of whats "fact".

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:Well in the movies we never see many dark jedi, only Dooku and Anakin out of hundreds. I dont know enought about the EU to comment.
We also pretty regularly see the "light" Jedi loosing their rag at some point - Mace, Luke, even Obi-Wan. While they all regained control (although Mace is debateable) those events alone might be sufficient to be considered "going dark", and if not then it's at least evidence how easily it can happen.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I hardly count Obi-Wan and Lukes slip as "going dark" a momentary laps of composure. Windu... hard to tell with that guy, he was always on the line.

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Had they have done the simple thing and just go back to rescue his mother the following week life would have worked a lot easier.
Ah, but that would have violated the Jedi code of being holier-than-thou hypocritical asses.
Which is important to remember when one has too build their own order.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah the leaving the mother thing was asking for trouble. Im suprised Anakin didnt run away and go back by himself with in a year or so.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:I hardly count Obi-Wan and Lukes slip as "going dark" a momentary laps of composure. Windu... hard to tell with that guy, he was always on the line.
Maybe Obi-wan was a slip but Luke definitely was on that line. I think it that was implied especially when you compare the similar decision of Anakin in the prequels.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"